dreams of Jesus placing ring on finger in marriage

View previous topic View next topic Go down

dreams of Jesus placing ring on finger in marriage

Post by Renewed on Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:36 am

Hi All,
I have been reading a lot of people saying they dreamt that Jesus placed a wedding ring on their finger. One person said Jesus told her to take her ring off after her husband died and a week later He appeared to her and placed a ring on her finger. Another said she saw Jesus clothe in a beautiful robe and a beautiful bride holding hands and Jesus placed a ring on the bride finger and Another said Jesus placed a ring on her finger.
What is with these dreams about Him putting rings on a finger in marriage.
It's not sitting well with me and I need more to understand if this is from the Lord. By the way I have not had any of them and I don;t think I want to, I just don't understand.
Thanks

Renewed

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: dreams of Jesus placing ring on finger in marriage

Post by Love's child on Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:23 pm

It could symbolize the bride and bridegroom. Jesus is the bridegroom and the church is the bride. It could symbolize God's promise to come back for his church (bride). The promise is like a betrothal... kind of like how we have engagement rings.

This link highlights different passages of scripture that have the bride, bridegroom theme: http://www.openbible.info/topics/bride_and_bridegroom

Out of curiosity, do all these people know each other that are saying they have had these dreams?

Love's child
Interpreter
Interpreter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Renewed on Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:32 pm

Hi lovechild
Thanks
and no they do not know each other. That's what make it kinda wierd. I'm not knocking it  either way, I'm just a little confused when people say they married Jesus in their dreams, no sex was involved just putting ring on finger, holding hands and gazing in each other eyes.

Renewed

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 1:19 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top