Friend's Toes

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Friend's Toes

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:59 am

I was standing outside of a local grocery store. The head-honcho boss from work, Jayson, was there, and I wasn't all that thrilled about it. Then, a car pulled up near the door where we were, and an old friend got out named Brad. He was there to provide some service for Jayson's facility, which seemed to be this store. So, of course I felt some connection to my old friend, and he began to chat with me about how he had been. I was aware that I hadn't seen him in a long time.

He was unsteady in his movements, and I expected that. He had Scoliosis (basically an issue with his spine) that made it more and more difficult for him to walk as time went on. Now, the only thing that I remember him telling me was the last bit before he began to give Jayson his schpiel about what he was there to do. He told me that he's got to go in to the doctor and have all his toes removed. When he said that, I was shocked, but I didn't act that way. In fact, I didn't really know how to act. When he said it, he wasn't exactly thrilled about it, but it seemed more like an indicator of where his health had degenerated to - like this was going to happen at some time in his life. I felt sorry for him, and I also had a bit of confusion since the loss of his toes sounded more fitting for diabetes rather than what he had.

Finally, the only other detail I remember was that of his hair. Last time I saw him in real life - maybe 10 years ago - he didn't have much hair left, and it was really short. When I saw him in the dream, it stood out to me that his hair was gray, long, frizzy and only on the sides of his head - he was still bald up top.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Friend's Toes

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:08 am

I've been thinking about this dream, and I think that the toes may be employees where I work. I also think that the friend represents my cousin, who has Parkinson's. Their health issues aren't the same, but the debilitation in each of them makes sense to me as an indicator of who the friend represents. The presence of Jayson also points to this dream being work-related.

The evening before this dream, a coworker from the next shift approached me at the end of my day to tell me that he has a 2nd interview at a different job. I encouraged him, but he told me that he thought that I should apply there as well, pointing out my work ethic as what made him think of me. The place is closer to home and pays much better with better benefits. The schedule's a bit goofy, but not horrible. Anyway, I'm considering applying, and if this guy and I were to leave, it'd make sense that my cousin would be losing his toes - something he relies upon for support and balance.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shan on Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:32 am

When I read this dream I thought the same thing about the toes. Loss of support and balance, if you're looking for confirmation...

Shan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:39 pm

I am. Thank you, Shan.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 4:52 pm

Sponsored content