Naked at Church

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Naked at Church

Post by Love's child on Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:09 am

Hello all.. it has been awhile. I had this dream last night and while I have some thoughts, I would like to post it here to get feedback without a bias.

In the dream I am sitting on the right side of the church, naked. Although I am naked in the dream, I don't seem to be concerned about it at all (I am not ashamed). I was listening closely to the message, in fact I don't believe I even realized I was naked until I noticed that one person sitting next to me kept looking at me. As I am listening to the message I remember at one point I took out a skin brush and began brushing my skin while listening to the message. At some point I realize that I am drawing attention from two individuals that keep glancing over at me because I am nude (but when they were looking at me it wasn't in a perverted way... hard to explain, but you know how dreams are), as a result of them looking at me, I remember attempting to cover my chest while I continued to listen.

There are two services at my church, so in between services I remember going to the restroom to do something and I seen another lady from my church in there name Charlene (I don't really know her well, but she does go to my church). While I was in the restroom (not actually going to the bathroom) I heard my pastor begin to speak and give a heartfelt appeal to the Body... I remember thinking oh, I better hurry up and get back out there before we take communion (we take communion in between services). I believe I was heading back to the sanctuary when the dream ended.

Any insight would be appreciated...

Love's child
Interpreter
Interpreter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Naked at Church

Post by dreamster on Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:18 am

nakedness can represent transperancy, ,or nothing to hide, in a genral sense, interestg cos adam and eve wer naked without shame also,, scratching chin 

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Love's child on Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:40 am

I also was thinking that it could have something to do with nothing hidden because of the context of no shame. I wondered why drawing the attention at some point made me feel the need to cover to some degree.

Love's child
Interpreter
Interpreter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:11 am

it may also be a sense of vulnerability,, so therfore a need to protect ones self,

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by piano on Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:18 pm

Hi love's child,

I haven't taken the test. Just relaying thoughts--

I recently had a naked dream without shame as well, and so this really stood out to me.

I believe my dream represented having one or two people in the church disapprove of me due to their own issues regarding freedom.  I was naked/without covering or as I would put it, they would not stand with me.
At the same time, being naked without shame, I felt at liberty in Christ in my walk.

I wonder if this could relate to your dream in some way, that having liberty in Christ can sometimes cause others to react in a manner that seems judgmental.

So you brush it off. :)

We ALL need grace, but it isn't easy to have someone think of you as not a part of the same body-- when you know that you are.

So as giving and loving as a person you are, it is okay to have boundaries with some people that may see your liberty and try to shame you because of it.
That is what I see the covering your chest (guarding your heart) is about.

And even better to love and pray for those who need to be set free again from any yoke of bondage to the law?

Please discard if not applicable.

piano

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:12 pm

hee hee gud points ther piano,,some keys ther, idea lol! for l/c to take note of,,

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Love's child on Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:19 pm

Thank you Piano, though the people did not seem to disapprove of me in the dream, your explanation helped to give me clarity. The people in the dream seemed to be taking notice rather than dissaproving. I am very much a behind t he scenes type of person, so it could be that the attention being given to me as a result of what God was doing made me uncomfortable. That actually would fit me in real life fairly well... I don't like the spotlight.

So you both hit on something... I am at a place of complete transparency and being "spotted" by others does cause me to have a sense of feeling vulnerable.

Thank you!

Love's child
Interpreter
Interpreter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 1:39 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top