Furnishing an apartment

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Furnishing an apartment

Post by exo152 on Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:04 pm

I dreamed last night that my family and I had moved into an apartment. We have always lived in houses, never have lived in an apartment, but we really liked this one. It was large, as large as our house, but it was up high, about two or three stories. I was walking through it, planning how I was going to furnish it with things from my current house. I was thinking, "this place needs curtains", then I thought to myself "the family room curtains will fit it perfectly!" (my irl family room curtains). I was planning how to place my large dining table and buffet, and was thrilled that the main room was large enough to use the leaf in the table. I went through all the rooms, glad each of my children would still have their own rooms and pleased that the rooms were all large. I got to one room and found some things left in a cabinet, including a whole bunch of canvas tote bags that were brand new. I wondered why anyone had left this stuff.
Any ideas??
Thanks!!

exo152

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Furnishing an apartment

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:36 am

Hello, Exo. I'm not sure if it fits for you, but I read this as the apartment being a new church/ministry. Were you thinking of this a while back? I can't quite remember.

I'm making the assumption that you're not actually looking to move into an apartment.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by exo152 on Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:19 am

You know, I thought that might be it. And yes, I have recently begun a new ministry. The difference is we are working under another pastor (apartment--house within a building) where before we were the pastors (house??) . And I am using things (actual items I used in the past) from our former ministry to work in this ministry.
I am wondering if the large rooms for each of my children mean there will be a place for each of them there, also? And what could the new canvas tote bags mean?
Thank you!!

exo152

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:31 am

exo152 wrote: I went through all the rooms, glad each of my children would still have their own rooms and pleased that the rooms were all large.
This could be about literal placement for your children. It could also be about this place's diversity (their own rooms) and potential for growth (all large).

exo152 wrote:I got to one room and found some things left in a cabinet, including a whole bunch of canvas tote bags that were brand new. I wondered why anyone had left this stuff.
Just some of my own thoughts, but I compared the tote bags to a vessel - people. Is there a particular area of ministry in this new place where you see the unused/untapped potential of the people to be used in that area?

The bags were together and stored away, but never used. It's like an idea that never got off the ground, but where there was interest.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by exo152 on Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:09 am

Oh yes! The new ministry I am starting up is children's ministry. I was given a word from the Lord a while back that I am a pioneer for children's ministry, building it up where it has never been before. This church has a dynamic ministry to adults but little vision for children. We almost didn't even stay at this church when we first attended because we have children. Since I have begun, there has been a real excitement in many of the people to help get it going and we even had a little boy saved last week, which seemed to surprise some.
And the rooms in the apartment of my dream were all LARGE, yet this church, with little vision for children when it was built, has SMALL rooms, in fact my class is even now sharing with another class. And the classroom is small. Thank you Mark, you have given me much insight!!

exo152

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by exo152 on Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:06 pm

The Holy Spirit brought this dream back to me this morning in my prayer time and gave me the interpretation;
The apartment is a new ministry, one that is coming, not here yet. But when we step into it, it will be a bit different that what we are used to, but everything will "fit". In fact we will have room to spread out in this ministry, we will be able to use gifts we used in the past here, and there will be room for each of our children to flourish in the gifts God has given them. Our apartment was at the top of the building, the 3rd floor, and that meant we would be the leaders, with at least two solid ministries working under us. As for the things new things I had found left behind by the previous tenants, there will be unexpected blessings we didn't expect to encounter that will be very pleasant surprises.

exo152

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 6:57 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top