Tempted In Limbo

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tempted In Limbo

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:10 am

I was on my own, and I was caught in some seriously intimidating traffic. I was on a stretch of multi-lane roads with multiple exit ramps. Not exactly exit ramps, but where you needed to pick a path that would head you in the direction you intended to go, overall. The place felt like Chicago - very big-city-ish. The roads curved around with overpasses and underpasses, and you needed to be in a certain lane if you intended to go North; another if you intended to go South. I tried to find a sign for a road that would lead towards Madison, as that would at least get me headed north toward Wisconsin. Everything was so fast and confusing, I didn't know where I was going.

I seemed to get sucked into this path that led me away from all this confusion, but it didn't seem like this was necessarily the answer. The road narrowed and narrowed until it was no longer a road, but more like a sidewalk, but not exactly. The heavy traffic was still on the roads that were all around me, but this path was different. It wasn't meant for everyone to find. Even still, it wasn't necessarily good. This narrow path turned a few times, and I ended up in this "secret" area with a few people that I've known from past and current jobs. An old woman from a previous job approached me with a few types of food - lots of it, and none of it good for me. She started with pizza - everyone else was eating it - and there was an abundance of it. But, I didn't want anything to do with it, so I politely declined. She tried again with these large hamburgers, but I declined, again. In my lap were broken pieces of stale tortilla chips, and I opted to eat them if I was hungry. This seemed the best choice for me instead of agreeing to the woman's temptation. It felt like if I had accepted any of her offers, that I was throwing in with the world.

Then, the woman pointed at some of the other people around me that I knew from my jobs. They all looked like they had settled in to their fates. What I mean is, they accepted that the life that they had was all that life was about, and that they were at peace with that. They lived minimally, never in abundance, and never doing anything extraordinary. They all said, "This is it," meaning that this is all life is. Mediocre, or less. Caught in a permanent rut. They spoke in a way that was meant to get me to accept that for myself as well. The dream ends with me feeling that I needed to get out of there and wondering how I could go back the way that I came.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tempted In Limbo

Post by L4JC on Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:49 am

Hi Mark!

Its interesting to note that some of these temptations you were experiencing in the dream, is something most of us are tempted with IRL. Are you trying to restrict yourself from eating certain foods like the ones in the dream? My impression from your dream is you're on a search to discover more to life than just what you have and the traffic to me, means interferences - busy-ness of life, having to stick to goals, etc. You're eager to go on that path of discovery, but the with job, etc. it keeps you from having the time to do so. But then again, the traffic could mean "information" that you've come to discover and you're not well-knowledgeable about and that could be a bit intimidating.  These are just "thoughts" that came to my mind as I read your post. Just wanted to share in case it might help you sort out your dream. Pls. toss if they don't seem to fit. :)

Sunny

L4JC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:41 am

I am trying to avoid certain foods, Sunny. Not altogether, but certainly reducing their frequency. I have a very planned out diet during the week. On the weekends, things get a little more free. It has been bothering me, lately, since I have certain physical goals I'm trying to attain. Point being, I had considered that the food temptations could be literal.

At the same time, I saw that portion being about conformity and settling for mediocrity. I don't want to do that, and there are some areas of my life where I may have done so. But, the dream ends with me wondering how to get back out, so there's hope.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by L4JC on Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:57 am

Sounds like you have a handle on what your dream is about.  

Another thought came to my mind, with all the "traffic" in your dream, could be about the stresses in your life. Sometimes stress can totally take us out of our plans when we "think on them" too literally. I believe this dream is a good one, a warning one from The Lord, who just wants to give you the heads up - you can always depend on Him through prayer for strength to get you through anything. :)

L4JC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:07 am

Amen! Thanks, Sunny! :)

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 3:22 am

Sponsored content