To Join A Gym Or Not?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

To Join A Gym Or Not?

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:05 am

I had this dream last night after asking God to tell me His thoughts on something I was considering. For a while now, I had been thinking of joining this gym that's down the street from my house. I workout at home, but I have limited cardio options, so joining a gym seemed like a good idea to me so that I could access those pieces of equipment. I had been waiting for a good opportunity to act on this desire.

This gym sent out a flyer to everyone in town stating that they were offering a special on their membership fees if I joined tomorrow - a one-day deal. I thought that this would be my best chance.

Last night, though, I was out and about near this gym, and I asked God what he thought. I said that I wanted to join and that I actually planned to, but I wanted to know if He was in this or not. Last night, I was given this dream:

In this dream, I rode a bike to a new job. This job was in a nearby town, and it was actually the place that my stepdad had worked at before he retired. I'm pretty sure it's closed, now. Anyway, I rode there on this bike and met up with my stepdad. I knew that he didn't work there, anymore. He seemed to be giving me permission to work there, but he pointed out that he didn't work there - so, I'd be there on my own. I had mixed feelings on this. I wanted this job, but I didn't want to be alone. At the end of the dream, I was riding my bike back home. It was more like this trip was done, but that I still had a choice to make.

The message from this dream fits perfectly in my real life situation. I clearly have permission to join this gym - I am physically able to walk in and do so. But, God makes a point in this dream of saying that he's not there. That's a specific answer to my question! Therefore, I will not be joining this gym.

The real-life situation may seem rather trivial and unspiritual to many, but God wants us to acknowledge Him in ALL things - and He will answer you when you seek Him, no matter how trivial it may seem. He desires to be in all areas of our lives.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: To Join A Gym Or Not?

Post by Cholette on Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:51 pm

Good stuff Mark!  God has certain places that we need to be in certain seasons. It's not that this particular gym is a bad place, but it's not where he has designed for you to be in this season of your life.  WHich leads me to a question...is there a gym that he WANTS you to join that is a part of "the plan"?

I say that because a few years ago I joined a gym WITHOUT asking or acknowledging God and I was uncomfortable there.  I was distracted and I was being a distraction to others.  I couldn't work out without being interrupted by crazy men.  It wasn't until I let my contract run out there and went to another gym and it's been a great place.  There are still men there, but God has caused me to run into lots of women who need to be ministered too.  You can find me in the pool, the spa or the weight room talking to people about their situations.

After reading your dream and reading what God said to you...I can see that to be true.  Where ever HE IS, there are people that he has in mind to be ministered to because it's always about souls.

What do you think for yourself?

Do not fight FOR victory, but fight FROM THE PLACE of victory. Jesus has ALREADY won the battle!

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:09 pm

I hadn't considered that he may want me to attend a different gym! I'm certainly open to it - this one was all about convenience to me, but if God were to direct me toward something else...then, sure!

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:01 am

hi m,, um ther are no trivial details,,definately go wiv ur promptings,, the mind will rationalise everything, but follow ur spirit,,,i commend you on this, who knows wat the outcome may be, holy moly holy moly ,,

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 6:32 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top