1st Day Back At Retail Job - What Season Is It?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

1st Day Back At Retail Job - What Season Is It?

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:23 am

I was at my old retail job in my town. It was my first day back. I began out in the parking lot by the lawn and garden area. There had just been a big delivery of plants. They were some kind of perrenial, all the same. It seemed good to get these new plants in, but they also caused some internal conflict for me. I stood there and looked at the new stuff that was in this department where most of the inventory had already been sold for the year. With this surge of new plants, I was questioning what season this was. Was it fall or spring? It was overcast outside and the air was damp...I wasn't sure where we were at in the year, but my mind told me that it was fall and we didn't have much season left.

By the entrance to the store was some racking with a few pots of annuals - the Dusty Miller actually stood out to me (which isn't a flower, if you don't know what it is). They were way overpriced for what they contained, so it was no wonder that they were still sitting there waiting to be purchased. I considered consolidating these annuals and putting the new perrenials by the store's entrance.

I went into the store and headed toward the receiving area. On my way, I met an employee on the salesfloor. She was having some serious health issue, like a heart attack or stroke. I called for help on a phone, and she was content to take the phone from me and handle her issue, herself. This wasn't a negative interaction - I had done my part by calling for help, and she felt as though I had done plenty for her by just doing that. So, she'd deal with the issue with whoever was on the other end.

I continued on my way, but I stopped to take in my surroundings. A change in the store really stood out to me: The Optical Department was closed and gutted. It was like an unoccupied store in the mall - dark, no fixtures, and one of those pull-down chain gates that locks into the floor at the entrance. It seemed a pity that this had been closed, but I reasoned that they must not have been profitable and that the store had changed so much that a focus on profit was more important than providing the service.

Then, I saw my bed right there before me. It wasn't really unmade, but I straightened out the sheets and such so that it looked the best that it could. My bed was going to be there while I was elsewhere, so I wanted to make sure it was in good shape...?

At this point, I wasn't sure where to go. I thought that I should head upstairs to join the managers, but I wasn't 100% confident in that. Still, I headed off that way toward where the stairs were. As I approached the front of the store where the registers were, I saw a male cashier kiss a male friend of his. It bothered me to see this. Then, I looked outside through the front doors and saw that it was snowing outside.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 1st Day Back At Retail Job - What Season Is It?

Post by Shan on Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:13 pm

I don't have a direct interpretation for you but I just have some thoughts. It comes across to me as possibly and intercession dream.

You mentioned you didn't know which season it was and you also mentioned perennials and annuals. These have to do with times and seasons. One being two years or more and another one year. Maybe there is a length of time or a season being communicated to you here. Do you feel you are in a season of some sort or wondering how long something will last or could this be a corporate issue since this all took place at a retail store?

Another thing that stood out to me was the Optical Department that was not only closed but gutted. You thought it might have not been profitable. It makes me think of those who have eyes, but yet they do not see or some sort of anointing that was taken away because it was not profitable (I'm not suggesting it's you.)

I'm not sure about the bed part of the dream. It may also have to do with a length of time, like you'll be there a while.

The last part makes me think of perversion and worldliness since they were by the cash registers. I think the snow outside is telling of the seasons...

Shan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:56 am

Thanks, Shan. You've given me much to think about. I couldn't make heads or tails of this one, and it's bothered me.

You're definitely right when you asked if I felt if I was in a season and if I was wondering how long it would last. That's exactly what I'm thinking regarding my current phase in life.

I have an idea what the Optical part might relate to. Thankfully, it's not me...directly, anyway.

Thank you very much!

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 9:46 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top