Dream about church

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dream about church

Post by lovelywomanofvirtue on Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:55 am

Hi all,
Its been awhile since i last posted a dream on here. But one night I got before God and prayed that he shows me what he wants me to do about church. There is a church that I have been going to, but I don't feel settled about going there. Anyway, here is the dream:

It was like i walked back into the sanctuary, and I saw the Apostle of the church, and she was being really sweet to me, just asked me how I have been, and I talked to her and told her that I couldn't lie, but I had been fighting about whether or not I wanted to come back to the church. And she said something like, yeah I know....then it went to the next scene where it was like we were in a large kitchen, it was in the church. And i walked up and got me some pizza, and then others walked in. I saw this one girl sit down and start to eat, and then the Apostle started fussing at them. I got the feeling that they were incompetent or something. And she said something to the girl about typing up a memo, and it had alot of errors in it, then she looked at me...and that was the end of the dream. In actuality, the Apostle has offered me a part time secretarial position at the church. Any insight?

lovelywomanofvirtue

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dream about church

Post by watchman on Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:56 am

Why do you not feel "settled"there anymore?

watchman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lovelywomanofvirtue on Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:11 am

I guess is just how some things are carried out there. Don't get me wrong, i know no church is perfect, but i wonder if that is the church that I am supposed to be at, u know?

lovelywomanofvirtue

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by watchman on Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:09 pm

LWV:

This Apostle that was real sweet to you and then when told her your feelings she said yeah i know...Was she concerened when she said that or what was the emotion when she said that. Then she flips to "fussing" at her members. Is it like this in real life? Is there confusion there masked by being polite? How do you feel about the Job offer?

watchman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SeekYeFirst on Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:01 pm

LovelywomanofGod,

I recently joined a new church and it was a decision I contemplated on for a lil bit. I was really suppose to join in 2005 but I was out of the Will of God because my heart is big and I try to be help for everybody so I was in disobedience.

After the chastening of the Lord and my repentance I got back on track and sought God for his direction. He gave me the sign and I joined. I said all of that to ask you this, Are you being spiritually fed? That is the number one if not the most important reason for you to be a member of a church. Your soul must eat.

All ministries have it's issues but that shouldnt be the focus for you. You must grow, be nurtured and mature in the things of God and your church is partly responsible for making that happen. If this is not happening then it's time to do some soul searching.

Keep in mind to that the enemy works as well. He knows if your producing fruit there then your gonna be a threat to him and his kingdom.

I feel that in your dream the ending really showed how your depended upon at that ministry, how the Apostle looked at you to fix the letter implied HELP. If things are out of kilter there do you know that you could be the body that God uses to change things?

Just wanted to give you a few things to consider in making your choice.

God Bless,
SeekYeFirst

SeekYeFirst

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daughterofgod1023 on Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:37 pm

LWV,

As I read your dream, I saw a couple of things, it seems to me that the small talk she was having with you wasn't really what she wanted, but then she came back with an attitude that didn't reflect God's love.

If the people were incompetent or not, she shouldn't have did what she done. Which this part troubles me a little, because looking at just these things, I notice a spirit of deception....she was cunning when you talked to her but then a completely different attitude toward someone else.
I would almost say that this would fall under craftiness.

Anyway, you were talking about this postion but I can't help but wonder if there is a side that will come forth after you accept it and cause you hurt. When we view people sometimes we forget that they are human and they make mistakes and by saying all that I am stating this: If you take this postion and a side comes out that you know isn't Godly, remember that she is human and she needs your prayers.

Before taking the position I think I would fast and pray earnestly and seek God's word on this whole matter. The apostle, the people, this whole new attitude and the position, because you need to know what you are walking into.

Daughter

daughterofgod1023

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lovelywomanofvirtue on Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:36 am

Thank you all for your help. I am searching for a church home, and I know the things that I am looking for, you know? And i just wonder if that is the place I need to be at. I will be in prayer. Thank you guys.

lovelywomanofvirtue

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 9:47 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top