The Stripped Aquarium

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Stripped Aquarium

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:39 am

This dream was centered around this aquarium of mine. I don't have a fish tank that's actually in use in real life - I have one that's been in the basement since I moved in. So, I had this tank and it was set up with plants and fish. A freshwater tank. A coworker was going to stop by and pick up a few things from this tank, so I was getting them ready ahead of time. I carefully removed two identical plants, among other things. The plants stood out to me. I was careful with everything that I was removing. There was value in these things, to me, and I felt like the next person would (should) appreciate their value as well.

The scene skips ahead to where the coworker was picking the items up. I returned with him to a place where I had removed everything. I saw that someone had taken the two plants and clipped them from their roots and then bundled the plants together. I was quite disappointed that this had happened. The coworker, though, didn't really care. I had set the stuff aside for him, so I already had detached myself from them - these things were his, so whether he was going to treat them with valuable (maybe sacred is a good word to show how I felt) or not wasn't going to affect me. I did know from his indifference to the state of the plants (rootless) that he was only interested in HAVING the things. It was a short-term mentality, based upon show. If he was in this for the long term, having plants with roots would have been something he would be concerned about.

He also took some livestock from the tank. I identified each fish that he chose, and I recognized the value or uniqueness of each one. By the end, he had taken a great deal from the tank, although it never felt like he was taking more than I was willing to give. When he had gone, I was left with a pretty bare tank. However, my thoughts were on how this was an opportunity for me. I had a clean slate - a reason to start the tank over and grow it differently than it had been.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Stripped Aquarium

Post by daphanie02 on Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:55 am

I wonder what the roots would mean if this were about a ministry?

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO LOST IN GOD THAT A MAN MUST SEEK HIM FIRST IN ORDER TO FIND HER

daphanie02
Supporting Member/Senior Coordinator
Supporting Member/Senior Coordinator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:49 pm

I'm stumped on the roots, too.

It would makes sense that the fish represent people. Rootless plants? Maybe some kinds of resources - teaching and such?

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 10:33 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum