Rhymes And A Walking Stick

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rhymes And A Walking Stick

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:30 am

I had this walking stick. It was far from ordinary - it was quite special, it seemed. It looked like wood as far as shape and texture go, but it was some other type of material - a valuable metal like silver or gold, and also like some precious stones. The feelings associated with that were pretty strong, too. I was happy to have it, thankful, and I could really appreciate the value of it. I could also tell that it was very strong - durable, like a steel rod. It was not a piece of wood that could be broken with ease. This stick seemed quite precious to me. It also seemed that I chose it, though that wasn't something that happened in the dream.

Others didn't seem to appreciate it, though, and were giving me a hard time. While there seemed to be a few people, I only remember interacting with one person. This person was harassing me about this stick. Each time they said something, though, I responded with a rhyme. I may have even sang my response, turning this "argument" into a song. I was careful to respond with a rhyme, and the final word (the rhyming word) of my response seemed to come to me at the moment right before I spoke it.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rhymes And A Walking Stick

Post by silentqueen on Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:07 am

Hi Mark,

The first thing that came to mind was Aaron's rod. It was the rod that bore fruit to set him apart from the others. It was to show that he was indisputably chosen by God as the priest.

It may not have been chosen by you, but it was chosen with only you in mind. The person harassing you about it may have been the enemy-challenging the authority God has given you.

Just my thoughts.

Marla

silentqueen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:21 am

Thank you, Marla. Great connection with Aaron's rod! I hadn't thought about that similarity.

I've been asking God a lot, lately, for opportunities related to dreams/interpretations. I've had a few, actually. I do get intimidated when there are other people around, and I'm wary of what they may say. This dream may be meant to encourage me in that regard.

I had been thinking that the stick is dream-related ministry.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Habakkuk on Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:12 pm

Perception and reality are not always the same. Also, perception can vary. What you see as a treasure can look like a piece of trash to others, although it is not. All they see is you clinging to something they consider a piece of trash and that makes you look foolish and the target of ridicule. These people are still wrong, but they just can't see the treasure that is right before them for what it really is and act accordingly.

Some are more vicious than others though. They stand out of the crowd and are way more aggressive than the rest.

Maybe I am wrong, but I can't shake the feeling that the stick could represent 'faith in God'. For most people faith in God is nonsense and - in their eyes - those who cling to their faith are fools who can and should be ridiculed. Some are even more vicious than others there as well. For many it is just a snippy remark here and there, but still nothing they waste too much energy on while others are way more serious about it.

Habakkuk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:30 pm

Mark, do you know or have you been told in the past that you have a Pastoral call on your life?

idea 

Do not fight FOR victory, but fight FROM THE PLACE of victory. Jesus has ALREADY won the battle!

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:00 pm

Cholette wrote:Mark, do you know or have you been told in the past that you have a Pastoral call on your life?
Why, yes! :)
I have been told that in the past by a few prophets within and outside of my former church.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:07 am

I really felt something Pastoral about this dream. That "stick" reminds me of a Shepherd's staff. Maybe do a study on the staff and see if something ministers to you.

Do not fight FOR victory, but fight FROM THE PLACE of victory. Jesus has ALREADY won the battle!

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by silentqueen on Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:40 am

Cholette,

When I read it, I thought of Aaron's rod because of the way he described it in the dream. When you mentioned the Shepherd's staff, my mind went to Ps 23...Thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

Marla

silentqueen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daphanie02 on Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:18 pm

I thought Aaron's rod too! Definitely a role of leadership. I felt like perhaps your calling is so unique that others may scoff at the mention of it (dream interpretation) but "sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me" lol. It doesn't matter what others may think or say, they can't feel and see how awesome the calling is, and how fulfilled you are in doing what you were designed to do!

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO LOST IN GOD THAT A MAN MUST SEEK HIM FIRST IN ORDER TO FIND HER

daphanie02
Supporting Member/Senior Coordinator
Supporting Member/Senior Coordinator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shan on Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:32 pm

I was thinking about the rhyme part of your dream. You said you were able to come up with a rhyme right before you spoke it. You also said you were wanting to venture out to do more interpreting. It could be that when you hear a dream, you will be able to interpret with ease and that the Lord will give you His words or interpretation without you having to think about it. Just some thoughts...

Shan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:53 am

That's good, Shan! I sure would want that! :)

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 12:33 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top