Revisiting My Childhood Home

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Revisiting My Childhood Home

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:10 am

I was in my childhood home in the country. My old pastors, their daughter and son-in-law were living there. The house belonged to them. I sat on the floor in the living room with them as we all watched something on TV. I spoke to the SIL, Nate, telling him everything I knew about this house. I felt like I needed to inform him of it, like speak from my past experiences there. The house was actually an upper and lower-type duplex with no one living upstairs. Since you needed to use an outside staircase to reach the upstairs, my stepfather eventually ripped out a floor-level closet and put in a staircase inside the house to reach the upstairs where us kids eventually had our rooms. I told Nate about the inside staircase and how there was an opening in my old room where you could look over a ledge and see down it. I also wanted to tell him about the exterior staircase and how I felt that he shouldn't use it. As a child, I never once used it - my parents had placed a bunch of obstacles in it so that no one could break in and reach the upstairs from the outside. However, I never got the opportunity to tell him about it.

I sat there in the living room with them and just gazed around the place in wonder. I told them that my being there was a miracle - that I never expected to be in this house, again. I was so happy to be in the place, just to see it once more. As I sat there, I also felt like my time was running out. I wouldn't be there much longer.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Revisiting My Childhood Home

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:45 am

I shared this one with a friend, and I was reminded that I have been invited to a conference by the guy I spoke to in the dream. It was a FB invite, so it was hardly a personal invitation.

I had asked God if I should go to this. One of the things that is on the agenda is Dream Interpretation. For that reason, I was actually considering going; and yet, for that reason, I was considering avoiding it. I really feel that I've found the best understanding for dreams right here, and I don't want to bring confusion into what I've experienced to be real in my walk by listening to someone else's teaching. I'm expecting that they'd teach based mostly upon symbols which creates more obstacles to understanding than what I've learned here - hence the comparison between the two staircases of the house in the dream. I'll probably end up turning down the invite.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grey Butterfly on Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:38 pm

Hi Mark,

You have so much to offer in the area of dream interpretation... I wonder if your going is for him?  In the dream, you were showing him the ins and outs of the house you knew well... including which stairs to use - how did you feel when you didn't get to tell him not to use the outside stairs???

You said: "I felt like I needed to inform him of it, like speak from my past experiences there" and "I told them that my being there was a miracle - that I never expected to be in this house, again. I was so happy to be in the place"  

Maybe you should think about going?

I think you are thinking of this conference in terms of what you might hear there, and how you don't need to hear it (which is true and I understand totally) rather than what you might be able to say there.  You are incredible, and you have helped me many times with my dreams, maybe God wants to use you in this to help the guy in your dream??

Blessings Mark :)

Grey Butterfly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:06 am

Thank you, Diane, for your encouraging words. :)

When I didn't get the chance to tell him not to use the outside stairs, I felt like...almost like I messed up a little, like I should have made a point to tell him, I think. It wasn't a strong feeling and I didn't think about it for more than a half-second.

I will consider going to the conference. I have some time since it isn't until the beginning of October. It's on a Friday/Saturday/Sunday, and I wouldn't be able to make the Friday one since I work nights. There's always the possibility of having to work Saturday, too, so the only definite one would be Sunday. However, that's also the weekend of my brother's birthday, and guess what day we'd be celebrating... Anyway, I won't make up my mind right now based upon what could happen. I'll give it some more prayer and decide when I need to.

Thanks so much!
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grey Butterfly on Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:44 pm

You are welcome... :)

Blessings

Grey Butterfly

View user profile

Back to top Go down