Questions on dream symbolism

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Questions on dream symbolism

Post by BelovedoftheLord on Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:44 am

Hi. A couple of questions

1. I have always wondered why sometimes the symbolism in dreams is so frightening. Is there a biblical reason for this or is it just a reflection of my own emotional issues and fears.

2. People that have wounded me deeply, I have forgiven totally and completely but months, even a few years later when they appear in my dreams there are still elements of bitterness and anger in my interactions with them.

BelovedoftheLord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Questions on dream symbolism

Post by Cholette on Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:37 am

Give me an example of a frightening symbol that you've dreamed.

I have learned that we THINK we have gotten over things, but really they are buried. I believe the Lord may give you the dreams to expose what's still buried within you. THe longer we go without wholeheartedly asking God to help deliver us from the unforgiveness and bitterness....the deeper it can go into the soil of our hearts.

Do not fight FOR victory, but fight FROM THE PLACE of victory. Jesus has ALREADY won the battle!

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BelovedoftheLord on Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:15 am

Cholette wrote:Give me an example of a frightening symbol that you've dreamed.
Well tragic deaths of loved ones, being attacked, trying to escape from danger etc. I mean just the other day in my dream we were trying to escape from swarms of flying flesh eating insects! Some of the dreams I do understand but most I don't. The thing is I seem to be having too many of these kind of symbols and I thought perhaps there is something going on in my subconscious which is "generating" these kind of symbols that I need to address.

Cholette wrote:I have learned that we THINK we have gotten over things, but really they are buried.  I believe the Lord may give you the dreams to expose what's still buried within you.  THe longer we go without wholeheartedly asking God to help deliver us from the unforgiveness and bitterness....the deeper it can go into the soil of our hearts.
Thanks Cholette. This was hard for me to receive as I feel I have done everything to make sure that I am free of bitterness. laugh Which brings me to the question of at what point then can I consider myself to have truly forgiven.

BelovedoftheLord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 8:03 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top