Uprooting things from the past...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Uprooting things from the past...

Post by daphanie02 on Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:17 pm

What I've discovered happens with Christians who decide to mature in The Lord, is that He will take you back to all the scary places in your past that you've chosen to run from, and encourage you to face them courageously. He goes aaaaaallllll the way back into past places we once thought were forgiven, forgotten, and laid to rest and has us dig up the forgotten roots of bitterness. Why? Because we can't walk in complete victory without this necessary task, and our Lord doesn't wish us to live our lives in agony with the old memories. He wants us to create new ones in their place! When we choose to trust and walk with Him, He not only gives us a much brighter future, He also re-writes our history, and teaches us to be courageous! We cannot hope to mature in our growth by avoiding problems. Sure, we can forgive the person(s) in our heart, but what will it help to run from the situation? Yes, giants are scary...but remember all David had besides a Mighty God was a rock and a sling! Avoiding Goliath would have been disastrous! If the giants of memories past are not eventually faced, they will continue to haunt us for the rest of our lives. Lets uproot what the enemy has planted in our lives that is currently stealing our joy! Ask The Lord to lead the way and be courageous!

Joshua 1:8-9 (NIV)
[8] Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. [9] Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.”

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO LOST IN GOD THAT A MAN MUST SEEK HIM FIRST IN ORDER TO FIND HER
daphanie02
Supporting Member/Senior Coordinator
Supporting Member/Senior Coordinator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Uprooting things from the past...

Post by TrustingInGod on Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:48 pm

Wow! This is amazing. I have endured A LOT in my life and I just asked God last night to help me grow in Him. I will be expecting to visit those old feelings of pain so that I can be fully delivered from them. I want to do the work of the Lord but I know I can't do it effectively with past pains holding me back. Thank you for this!!

TrustingInGod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TrustingInGod on Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:21 pm

Wow! This is amazing. I have endured A LOT in my life and I just asked God last night to help me grow in Him. I will be expecting to visit those old feelings of pain so that I can be fully delivered from them. I want to do the work of the Lord but I know I can't do it effectively with past pains holding me back. Thank you for this!!

TrustingInGod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top