Tornado Emergency

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tornado Emergency

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:03 am

The feelings in this dream were intense. There was this overwhelming sense of urgency. It began in my bedroom, although I think I was entering it from the hall. My mother was in the room along with one of my cousins. All of us looked like we had just woke up - no one was prepared for anything. We had just received warning of a tornado coming toward us, toward this area. We knew that we needed to make our way to my basement to seek shelter. I heard the sound of a radio coming from the floor below us. No music - it was the voice of a man issuing the tornado warning, and I took this as confirmation in the dream that this was really happening. The light coming through the windows made things appear to be calm and sunny. Then, in an instant, darkness passed over us and the sun was blocked out. Not entirely - more like thick cloud-cover. This was followed by a crash of thunder. The storm was here almost instantly.

Before we left the room to head for the basement, I told everyone that they needed to put their shoes on. It was like I expected us to have to walk over broken glass or other sharp debris at some point, and we needed to be protected from that. My mother and cousin agreed to follow this command. Then, they left the room and headed downstairs. I scrambled a bit, searching for my own shoes and socks. I eventually found them.

I made my way downstairs and found my front door open. There were two small children in my living room. My mother had gone ahead of me, and I understood that she had opened my house to some friends and neighbors to also take shelter. I talked to the two children, asking them their names and hoping to understand who their parents were. Eventually, I understood that they were from the family across the street, and as I did I saw the rest of the family begin to pour into my house. The children did not look like their real-life kids.

Since people were coming to seek shelter in my house, I went to my mom about this...more or less to see if there was anyone else I should be getting. She said that I should call my other cousins and aunt that used to live across town but now live in Washington. I was about to call them, but then I realized that they weren't in this city, anymore. I pointed that out to my mother. Then, I said that I should get my elderly neighbor. My mom agreed, and I hurried outside to run next door.

Stepping out of my house, I saw that someone had been using my Jeep and had left it on the terrace. The Jeep was facing my house with the front end on the terrace and the back half still in the road. I didn't mind that someone had used it, but I felt that they should have put it away properly. If I had an extra moment, I planned to place it in the driveway that runs alongside the house. I thought that it might be protected from the winds there.

I ran in the direction of my neighbor's house. I looked at the houses around me, and I saw that they were all from the other end of the street. I had ran in the right direction, but somehow these houses were in front of me. I felt a little confused and frustrated as the dream ended.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tornado Emergency

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:19 am

TheWhiteShadow wrote:I ran in the direction of my neighbor's house.  I looked at the houses around me, and I saw that they were all from the other end of the street.  I had ran in the right direction, but somehow these houses were in front of me.  I felt a little confused and frustrated as the dream ended.
This part has already manifested today in a conversation. I received a phone call from my elderly neighbor. The first thing she told me was that someone knocked on her door to repair her water heater. Thing is, her water heater wasn't broke and she never called. She thought that whoever took down the information may have transposed two of the digits of her address. The house that it should have been was the house I saw in my dream just down the street.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by L4JC on Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:32 am

Hi Mark,

It's so neat to see how your dreams come into play in relation to your real life! Glad to hear you were able to help your neighbor!

- Sunny

L4JC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 12:03 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top