Encouraging a brother in Christ

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Encouraging a brother in Christ

Post by exo152 on Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:50 pm

At church yesterday we had an awesome worship service, during which the praise and worship leader turned to a new man on the team and surprised him by having him do a solo. We have known this man for many years and know his heart and were excited to see him used. And the Lord really used him in a powerful way in that service. I told him later how much his solo ministered to me, to which his answer was a thank you and a very humble, "I love the arrangement of that song".

So last night I dreamed that I was passing down a hallway, like in an apartment building. The walls were invisible and I could see right through them. I saw into this man's home and could see him on the phone. He was talking to his mother-in-law, whom I also know in real life. She has made some choices that are very questionable yet she still calls herself a prophetess. In the dream I could hear her railing this man, chewing him out and speaking so harshly to him. I stopped and spoke to him. I encouraged him again as I had yesterday. I could tell he was soaking it in and his mother-in-law could hear me too. When I finished I could hear her say to him through the phone, "Pay no attention to what she said. I never liked her. She is way too negative." and she continued her harsh words.

In real life, I always felt like I got along with her just fine. But I haven't seen her or talked to her in probably twenty years, although our paths cross with this man and his wife rather frequently. Any ideas??

exo152

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Encouraging a brother in Christ

Post by daphanie02 on Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:55 pm

I think The Lord was showing you how much your words encouraged this man. He probably really needed to hear what you said just like he needed your words in your dream. Just some thoughts here. It may also be a good idea to intercede for his mother, The Lord may be giving you revelation here, though I would hesitate bringing it up to him unless he mentions it.

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO LOST IN GOD THAT A MAN MUST SEEK HIM FIRST IN ORDER TO FIND HER

daphanie02
Supporting Member/Senior Coordinator
Supporting Member/Senior Coordinator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by L4JC on Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:48 am

I'm inclined to agree with daphnia, those were my exact same thoughts when I read your dream. I think this is such a blessing to have a dream like this, where The Lord shows you who to pray for. Seems like both the man and his mother in law are in need of prayers.

-Sunny

L4JC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 3:01 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top