Snake-Bitten Finger

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Snake-Bitten Finger

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:15 am

In this dream, I was out behind my work. I believe that I was disposing of some scrap in a dumpster. There was a big snake there, like a smaller boa, we'll say. It was a dark shade of gray, nearly black, and had this look like it wasn't 100% real. Like, a rubber or plastic look. It was alive, though. Also, it may have been included in what I was throwing away.

It was on the ground when I saw it in the dream. I wasn't afraid of it. I knew that I needed to handle it. However, I also understood that it might bite me. When I was finished with what I was doing, I picked up the snake at a point about 1/3 of the length of its body from its head. It balled up or coiled around my arm, but not in a hostile way. However, I lost sight of its head and was concerned about a bite. I felt a stinging in my index finger of my right hand. For a moment, I questioned it...but then I quickly understood that I had indeed been bit. I placed the snake on the ground and hurried inside.

As I moved through the building, I saw my brother, who works there. I asked him to follow me and to help me. I was headed to the bathroom as fast as I could to place the bitten finger under running water. I don't believe it was even bleeding, and I think that I saw two tiny punctures in it where I had been bitten. As I made my way through the plant, there were coworkers along the way that were hindering my getting to the bathroom. They weren't doing it on purpose - they were just going about doing their jobs. I was in a hurry to treat the wound, but I was especially polite as I told them to get out of the way - lots of "Pleases and Thank-Yous."

I made it to the sink and my brother followed behind. I ran the bite under water and saw some blood get rinsed away. I consciously didn't squeeze the finger to avoid opening the wound. I just decided that I'd keep it under running water for a long time.

At one point, my brother left and returned with the snake. It may have not been the entire snake. What he wanted to do was show me how to detach the head from the body - it just clicked into place, and the snake wasn't "live" when it wasn't connected. Then, when we both knew that I was going to be alright, he decided he was going to leave. It was the end of his workday, anyway, and he needed to be on his way. I was understanding of that.

Honestly, the detaching head of the snake makes me think of this saw that we have with a detachable, rechargable battery. Please pray for my safety, friends. :)

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Snake-Bitten Finger

Post by daphanie02 on Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:52 pm

Well praise God you were ok in the end! :hairraising:

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO LOST IN GOD THAT A MAN MUST SEEK HIM FIRST IN ORDER TO FIND HER

daphanie02
Supporting Member/Senior Coordinator
Supporting Member/Senior Coordinator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by L4JC on Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:38 am

Will say a prayer for you Mark! But the good news in the end of the dream, you realized you were okay! :)

L4JC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 11:57 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top