No Covering Dream

View previous topic View next topic Go down

No Covering Dream

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:00 am

This is probably a call to prayer for myself.

I was in the driveway of an old friend's house. It was the middle of the night, dark all around. This friend lives on a road where it turns into more of a country area. There was some vehicle in the driveway that I got an item out of...but, I'm not even sure what it was.

Here's the problem: I was nearly without clothes - just underpants! And, I knew that I had to make it to my parents' house. I knew that I could make it, but that it'd be risky and difficult - the risk being that I could be seen in this condition, the difficulty being the distance and the fact that I didn't have shoes on. The lack of shoes stood out to me, because I considered running the entire distance, but I knew that the road would be painful on bare feet.

I also had a decision to make. From this house, I could go two ways. The more direct way would be to take the country roads. The longer way would be to go through town because you're actually starting out by heading away from the destination. In my "condition," though, I chose to go through town. I knew that if I was on a long straight-a-way of a country road, if anyone were to come along there would be nowhere to go - I'd be seen. Going through town, I could move through yards where there'd be grass to walk on, plus houses to stay close to or hide between to avoid being seen.

When I made it into town and a few blocks closer to my destination, I saw someone coming down the road that I had been on. I was concerned about being seen. This person turned out to be a slightly older man who was walking a dog. Somewhere in this scene was a really young child, and I was concered for his safety. At the same time, I didn't want to be caught up in anything on my way to my destination. It seemed that this worked itself out, though...I moved on from the kid once I realized that the man and his dog were alright - they weren't a threat.

The detail of where I started in this dream makes me think it's for today. I'll only see that person when I'm out running errands this morning.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: No Covering Dream

Post by Sabrina on Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:50 am

Your bare feet stuck out to me and your lack of clothing. That fact that you were concerned about "being seen" and trying to avoid things because of "your condition" Turning into a kid around the man. I myself have trouble talking to older people in general about God because they are older and I'm younger. But it's a stigma don't let that stop ya from sharing the word. You don't have to be perfect for God to use you. Just be willing to obey and leave the rest to Him. The foot is to the body what the will is to the soul. Are your will and heart prepared and ready to serve the Lord? Seek His face. Are you ready to spread the gospel of God's love? Put on that armor girlfriend. I'll be praying for you. Toss if it doesn't apply.

Sabrina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by silentqueen on Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:28 pm

Hi Mark,

I see the mention of "being seen" in that condition as a major concern throughout the dream. You even pondered what options would be your best so you wouldn't be seen. In other words, you are going to great lengths to protect yourself from being seen.

Marla

silentqueen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 1:59 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top