Stepdad's Chair, Muscular Guy

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Stepdad's Chair, Muscular Guy

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:17 am

In this dream, I'm at my parents' house in the living. I'm seated in my stepdad's chair. He enters, and I believe that I offer him his chair (which any of us "kids" would do in real life). He sits on one end of the couch, instead. At the other end of the couch is one of my sisters; although, I don't know which one.

Next, a guy enters that I know in real life. He is a coworker on a different shift, and he's also a childhood friend of my youngest two siblings - they're all about the same age. They don't really interact at this point in their lives, though. In real life, this guy is also huge. Huge as in muscular.

So, he enters the room and looks around for a place to sit. The only open spot is between my stepdad and my sister, and it'd be a tight fit because the guy's so big. I knew that he felt awkward about it. Either I or someone else says that it's ok for him to sit between my stepdad and sister. It was said in a joking way.

The joking was to draw attention to it. This way, if he went to sit down there without us saying anything, my stepdad or my sister may respond negatively to such a large person wedging between them. He needed a place to sit, and in a way we created an opportunity for him to do so. Basically, we made the awkwardness of it obvious so that it was actually less awkward.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stepdad's Chair, Muscular Guy

Post by LadyonFire 217 on Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:59 am

Did you ever receive any insight on this dream?

LadyonFire 217

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:07 am

This one still isn't 100% obvious to me. When I had it, I thought that the sister in the dream was a sister in Christ. She was having a temporary struggle in her relationship with God, which is who my stepdad often represents in my dreams. The big guy would have been something that was getting in between them.

The awkward feeling was just how our interactions were, I guess. I prayed for her for a while and things seem fine, again.

Otherwise, I don't know what to make of it.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyonFire 217 on Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:43 am

Is your stepdad a spiritually mature person?
Are you more spiritually muscular than your stepdad?
Would you like to be the spiritual voice of reason when the family sits and fellowships together, but you are timid to do so, so you just try to squeeze your opinions/wisdom between what others are saying.

I just see you not wearing your spiritual muscles sometimes to avoid what you think would cause conflict.

My opinion. Toss the dross. But, I sure hope this rings a bell for you.

LadyonFire 217

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:10 am

He's not. He's an atheist, actually, but not outspoken about it.
When it comes to my family, I am the only "spiritual voice" as I am the only Christian. The rest are either consciously atheist or they entertain ideas about "a god" but not "The God."

I do speak up and point to God when there are opportunities without being pushy. I am very sensitive when it comes to conflict, though.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyonFire 217 on Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:15 am

Perhaps God is going to give you more opportunities to be more vocal/muscular. And it will be done in a joking manner so that when it happens you will know that this is the Lords timing.
That would be so cool! I got excited just typing that up! Let me know if that ever happens. I'll rejoice with you!

Love ya in Christ,
Marian

LadyonFire 217

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:26 am

Will do! I have a natural joking personality, so I can see how that'd fit.

Not here, of course. Dreams are just too serious for that. ;)

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 10:03 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top