Childhood Home

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Childhood Home

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:42 am

I was at my childhood home. Actually, I was standing outside of it. There was some get together going on there, but not with people that I knew. What I mean is, I was at this place and it belonged to someone else...and they were the ones having all these people over for some party. I didn't know any of these people. However, I knew that my mother was around, somewhere.

I stood outside this house and looked out at the surrounding area. This house was in the middle of a field in real life, and it was the same in the dream. At the far edge of the field was another old house that had really fallen into disrepair. The roof was caving in, and the exterior was in really bad shape. I don't know who it belonged to, but it was familiar to me in the dream. Like, I remembered that this house was there when I was a child, so it wasn't unexpected to see it now. In a small way, I felt sorry for the house and whoever owned it.

The people that were at my childhood home were a little....rough. I was a little anxious about them being all around me, but I didn't focus on them. I gave off this vibe like I wasn't really part of what was going on with them, so they didn't harrass me. As I looked around the area some more, I overheard a couple of them talking. There were two men, brothers, speaking with someone else. They told this other person their names, and their last name was "Davis." Immediately, I thought that they were related to someone I work with that has the same last name. I looked intently at their faces, and while they actually had different colored skin, the two men's faces were similar to coworker. One man was white, the other was half-white, half-African American.

I approached the two men and said that I knew my coworker, who they acknowledged that they were related to. I told them, "This is my childhood home. I really want to see what the inside looks like." I don't know how they responded, if they even did, but the next thing I know is that the scene's changed and I'm inside the house.

At this point, I'm with my mother. I'm just kind of taking in the scene of the ground floor of the house. There's still people all around, so I didn't feel completely free. I saw that the kitchen had been redone. I glanced down the basement stairs and was curious as to how that looked. My mother said that the basement is probably the same as it was, and that we shouldn't bother going down there. I could see, though, that there must have been improvements, because the floor had been carpeted. My mom saw that, too, and acknowledged that it actually might be different. We didn't go down there, though.

What I REALLY wanted to see was the upstairs. That was where my room had been and where I had spent most of my childhood. We didn't get to that in the dream, though.

The only other thing that I remember was that I approached my mom at the kitchen sink. She was washing dishes, and I took a piece of silverware from her that she was going to add to the clean ones. She had washed it, but I saw something like frosting still stuck to it. So, I took it and scraped it with another piece of silverware under some running water. I also remember my aunts being in the area, but I don't know if I saw them or not - it was something that I just knew in the dream.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Childhood Home

Post by Deborah on Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:04 am

Do you think this might have to do with healing of your past, apparently a deep healing since it includes even the basement of your childhood home? Unlike the rundown house which you felt sorry for, your old home has had some improvements. And when you do see something amiss you are equipped to handle it. I'd say this dream is about the regenerative power of the Holy Spirit to transform and renew lives.

Deborah
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:43 am

I think (and hope) that you're right, Deborah. Thank you for what you said.

I had a rough day, yesterday. I was looking at myself - where I am, who I am, and how I got here. I was discouraged about many things in life - how things are different than my expectations or hopes. Long story short, I was just plain down. Then, I had this dream last night.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deborah on Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:21 am

Hey you're welcome!
I was reading 2Peter 1:5-7 this morning and these are what we are to develop in our lives to grow in grace:
Faith
Virtue
Knowledge
Self control
Perseverance
Godliness
Brotherly kindness
Love

Notice it doesn't say
A spouse
A house
2.3 kids
A fulfilling job
An IRA
A new vehicle
Exciting vacations

Nope.  It's our character that God wants to mold.  Our life here on earth is so short.  Even if life here on earth isn't what you've hoped if we keep our eyes on Jesus everything will turn out more than okay.  Remember eye hadn't seen, ear hasn't heard nor has it even entered into the heart of man the things God has prepared for those who love Him.--Deborah getting off her soapbox now:-)

Deborah
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 4:24 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top