Snakebite Dream - Please Pray For Me

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Snakebite Dream - Please Pray For Me

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:54 am

I don't believe that I've been bitten by a snake in a dream before. I know that this is serious, and I thank God that He showed me this ahead of time so that I can pray...

In the dream, I was in a place that seemed like Australia to me. I've never been there in real life, so this was something that I just knew within the dream. I was standing on a cement bridge overlooking some fairly shallow seawater below it.

I took a fishing pole and dropped a line down into the water. I could clearly see the marine life below me. I don't remember a need for bait - or even a hook, for that matter. Almost immediately, I nabbed a fish. It was a good sized one, too. I quickly reeled the fish up, removed it, and cast again. Same result with the same kind of fish.

Next, I tried a third time. This time I caught a small shark. I was able to remove this one from the line before pulling it all the way up to where I was.

As I lowered the line for a fourth try, I could see a snake swimming around in the water. Even though I had just caught a shark, I was much more bothered by the thought of catching this snake. Sure enough, the snake bit the line, and I couldn't get it off. In fact, the snake was consuming the line, drawing itself up to me! I reached out to try to snap the line with my hand, and the snake quickly reached the end of of the pole. Then, it bit my right hand. I was in panic. It didn't seem painful at this time, though. I was able to remove the snake from my hand and toss it back into the water.

At this point, my mother was there. I cried out to her, asking her to help me. I was terrified of the venom, unsure of how powerful it was. For the moment, I couldn't feel whether it was having an affect on me or not, but I was afraid of a sudden affect - like it would paralyze me. I asked my mom to take me to the doctor to get some kind of antidote, but she wouldn't. She didn't say much, but she wasn't ignoring me or my situation. She was totally calm, and I almost thought that she didn't care. I asked her to at least look up the snake to confirm whether or not the venom was life-threatening. She looked it up in a few resources - mostly videos, it seemed, but there was nothing on that snake. Next thing I know, I'm looking at the bite on my hand. The wound was at the base of my pinky and ring finger, and the surrounding area had turned purple. I pleaded with my mother for help.

In the end, I asked her to come with me to the edge of the bridge, again. I asked her to record what the snake looked like using her phone. She came along to do so, but I didn't really focus on whether she was recording or not. As the dream ends, I was looking down at the water...and I even considered catching another snake so that I would have something to show a doctor.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Snakebite Dream - Please Pray For Me

Post by dreamster on Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:57 am

scratching chin um in job:bible: he says the thing i feared most has come upon me,, i think the latter part of ur drm is symbollik of a fear in ur life that may overwelm you, :shocking: 

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by silentqueen on Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:24 pm

Hi Mark,

These are just my thoughts...

After the snake bit you, what I noticed is that your mother did not panic along with you. Her actions and responses were completely opposite of yours. The more afraid you became, the more calm she remained.

You were also waiting on the worst to happen and it never did.

Is there a situation which appears to be worse than it really is? Have you talked to someone about it and they don't see it as being as threatening as you do?

I will pray for you. You have been given power to tread on serpents and scorpions so that nothing by any means shall harm you! Amen!

Marla

silentqueen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:31 pm

Thanks guys. This dream may be about something in the future, because I can't line it up with anything going on right now.

The actions of my mother in this dream aren't like her. However, my mother often symbolizes the Lord in my dreams...which would make more sense as he knows all and I only know in part.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:35 pm

i know thers more 2 this drm m,, perhaps werk thru it one phrase atta time,, scratching chin the fishing stands out 4sure,

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:45 pm

Yes, it sure does, D. I've been focused on that more than the bite - when I wasn't worried about the bite, that is.

The FOUR catches is significant to me. Four has always been "My" number. I also have four siblings, and I considered that the animals that were caught could be interactions with them...but I don't know what.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by silentqueen on Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:19 pm

If your mother represents The Lord, then the response makes perfect
sense.

Fishing is symbolic of evangelism, correct? - fishing for men.
A snake or demonic attack would try to stop you from doing it.

Just thoughts.

M

silentqueen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:24 am

silentqueen wrote:Fishing is symbolic of evangelism, correct? - fishing for men.

I had also considered this, Marla! Thank you! So, I'm back to thinking that it must be something coming up since everything is normal in this area right now.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by silentqueen on Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:44 am

I had a dream about fishing. It's posted on this site. I was playing a board game with real live fish and other sea creatures.

Mine was directly related to ministry.

Which brings to mind the location of your dream - Australia?
Perhaps a missionary journey? Go ye therefore....

Marla

silentqueen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:26 am

We'll have to see!  This isn't the first dream I've had related to Australia...
http://miasherwood.forumotion.net/t19177-watching-an-australian-class

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deborah on Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:39 pm

I've heard a snake can represent a falsehood and if it bites you then it means someone is saying venomous things about you. I keep thinking about the phrase people use when they hear a person has broken off a romantic relationship: there are many more fish in the sea. In other words, move on to another person because there are a lot of people out there. Even the bite you got was near your ring finger, which again could symbolize a problem with a relationship. If I had this dream, i'd take it as a warning to be careful in future romantic relationships. I think your mom wasn't concerned because she knows you and knows the venom spoken about you won't be the truth.

Deborah
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:31 pm

Deborah, I think you've helped me connect this to something in my life. I'm slowing piecing this one together. I couldn't shake the significance of the Four catches, and in light of what you said I think it's about an event where my siblings got together (I wasn't there) the same day after having the dream. I'll wait and see, but I know how they are...and it could very well be something one said. I can line up the two fish, one shark, and one snake with each sibling.

Thank you for this.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deborah on Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:10 pm

Well good. I'm glad I might have helped you. Eeks on having a snake sibling; I can unfortunately relate:(

Deborah
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 4:05 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top