She died...Dreaming the opposite

View previous topic View next topic Go down

She died...Dreaming the opposite

Post by Chi on Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:42 pm

I'm feeling a little confused because I received the shock of my life today, I was told that a church sister had died. crying 
A few members would go to visit her in the home where she was staying during the last couple of months, why I feel even more disillusioned is because a couple of weeks ago I had a dream that my church was packed with members and I noticed someone's bare feet and I looked up to she this particular church sister sitting there. I was shocked but pleasantly surprised I did not recognize anyone else who would normally be at church with me (Pastor, praise team etc). I seemed to be leading out in some way. This has baffled me because I normally rely on dreams/visions for comfort during a storm and this has really confused me, I even shared this with my Pastor when we visited her at the home only to find out that she has now passed...

Any thoughts
bandaid Scratch Chin 
Chi

Chi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: She died...Dreaming the opposite

Post by Stephanie44 on Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:00 pm

Chi,

I had a similar experience where I dreamed that I saved someone's life (who I had been praying for who was not to my knowledge a believer) a month and a half before this person died suddenly (it was very sudden and there was no way I could have known about it). It was a somewhat eerie and highly symbolic dream.

So to me this was a comfort because perhaps it refers to the person's conversion (life being saved, I in praying for them was the means). In your case, since you say this person was a church sister (I am assuming a believer) perhaps it is meant to comfort you about her resurrection - one day being with the gathering of believers, worshiping Jesus.

Just some thoughts.

Stephanie44

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grey Butterfly on Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:42 am

Hi Chi,

So sad for you :(   It is such a shock when someone dies and you don't expect it!   I pray for comfort for you - and for peace in your heart over this one who was dear to you.

The bare feet stood out to me.   I don't know why, was it something that she liked?  To be barefoot?  I thought of Moses, taking off his shoes because he was standing on Holy Ground...

Perhaps you saw her worshiping as a part of "your" church, but with people you don't [yet?] know... Perhaps this dream was not the opposite of what happened in real life, but meant for your comfort because she was about to go worship in Heaven.

I'm no interpreter, and I never would have guessed from your dream that she was about to pass away, if that was not now hindsight... I'm just telling you what popped into my head when I read your dream.  I hope it helps you discern what God has for you in this dream, but if it doesn't help or fit, then please discard it :)  

Blessings to you.  xx

Grey Butterfly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chi on Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:40 am

Stephanie44 wrote:Chi,

So to  me this was a comfort because perhaps it refers to the person's conversion (life being saved, I in praying for them was the means). In your case, since you say this person was a church sister (I am assuming a believer) perhaps it is meant to comfort you about her resurrection - one day being with the gathering of believers, worshiping Jesus.

Just some thoughts.
Thanks Stephanie44 this is really helpful as I can now look at the dream differently. I guess since I did not recognize anyone that was present in the dream apart from the sister I lost I guess the message could only be specific to her.

Thanks again
Chi

Chi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chi on Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:59 am

Grey Butterfly wrote:Hi Chi,

The bare feet stood out to me.   I don't know why, was it something that she liked?  To be barefoot?  I thought of Moses, taking off his shoes because he was standing on Holy Ground...

Perhaps you saw her worshiping as a part of "your" church, but with people you don't [yet?] know... Perhaps this dream was not the opposite of what happened in real life, but meant for your comfort because she was about to go worship in Heaven.

xx
Hi Grey Butterfly,

Thanks for the words of encouragement I guess in the dream I noticed that she was barefooted and that is how I recognized it was her, prior to her death I would go and visit her at the hospice and would often have to fix the sheets etc so maybe that is the correlation? You maybe correct this dream could have been about her destiny. I guess next time I won't be so quick to jump to any conclusions right?

Thanks again
Chi

Chi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grey Butterfly on Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:37 pm

Hi Chi,

It is so hard to not jump to conclusions isn't it... as I said, I wouldn't have picked from that dream that she would soon die.

I guess though, you have a picture of your beloved sister in worship that you can hold onto for comfort when you need it... (a picture of her outside of the nursing home and freed from illness) and in that, God has been good.

Blessings and comfort to you xxx

Grey Butterfly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chi on Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:38 am

Thanks Grey Butterfly!
huggins 
Chi

Chi

View user profile

Back to top Go down