Ministering to a lesbian...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ministering to a lesbian...

Post by Shan on Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:14 am

I was somewhere where there were some left-winged activists discussing same-sex marriage, abortion and Christianity. It may have been in a restaurant, because the lady I talked with was sitting in a booth. This lady was a lesbian and she was talking about how the Bible is contradictory and that by mere reason, it could be discounted.

I went over to her and gently told her that you cannot use reason to explain Christianity. She looked at me and asked why. I responded and said you understand Christianity with your heart. I did tell her that you don't discount all reason, but that when you turn your heart over to Christ, you begin to understand those things that seem to defy reason. She asked me how to become a Christian and I told her. I didn't know if she was asking for information's sake or if she was asking because she wanted to become a Christian.

Knowing that she was a lesbian, I intended to explain why homosexuality was wrong, but I didn't get to as I woke up. She was very nice and did not try to argue with me at all.

Shan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ministering to a lesbian...

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:10 am

Hi, Shan -

I felt that this dream is literal for a future encounter.

Shan wrote: Knowing that she was a lesbian, I intended to explain why homosexuality was wrong, but I didn't get to as I woke up.

As far as this line goes - in real life, maybe you won't have to. Your action in the dream was to tell her how to become a Christian, and that may be the only role God wants you to play when the time comes. The Holy Spirit can deal with the specific sin - unless, of course, you're asked about it.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shan on Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:31 pm

Ok, thank you. That's kind of what I thought or I also thought that maybe God is showing me the kind of attitude to have should I encounter someone with very liberal views-- like I need to be gracious.

Shan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 4:49 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top