Singing With Tenors

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Singing With Tenors

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:38 am

I was in a school choir room. There was a choir in their with many people my age - people that I knew from school, mostly. They were broken down by vocal range. I was expected to join in on a song. I knew what the song was, and I knew the words. Everyone expected me to join the Tenors. I knew that I was not a Tenor. I knew that if I went over to that group, I might be able to sing this song...but I knew it would be difficult. It would be a strain. I walked over to their section and was handed a piece of sheet music. Another guy asked if he could also read off my sheet. As everyone began to sing, I didn't. It was foolish for me to sing in this section...even if I could do it for this song, I wouldn't always be able to sing in that range for other songs. I needed to relocate to a different vocal range, even if it disappointed others who wanted me here. For the sake of my voice, it just wouldn't be a good idea to subject it to that kind of strain over the long term.

Right now, the only thing that fits for this dream is work.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Singing With Tenors

Post by silentqueen on Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:46 am

Hi Mark,

What kept coming to me when I read this is your opinion of yourself in this situation...

I'm not. I can't. I didn't because it was foolish of me to sing in this section.

What about this? "If thou can only believe, all things are possible."

And this one, I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me."

Whatever it is that you think you can't do, God is able to make it happen. In this situation think exceeding abundantly.

Toss it if it doesn't fit.

Be blessed today,

Marla

silentqueen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top