A Gift of Two Pictures

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Gift of Two Pictures

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:51 am

There was a guy that I used to be friends with online. We only knew each other years ago through an online game. He lives in the Netherlands, and we're not in contact at all.

Well, in the dream I was in a large room with this guy. This wasn't any place that I'd know in real life. It was just him and I, and I want to say that it was either night or raining or storming outside...but that was just something that I knew within the dream. Well, the guy came up to me and handed me a piece of art that he had made. Basically, it was a piece of posterboard (or just really sturdy paper) that had two pictures drawn/painted on it. The two pictures were separate, and they were side-by-side. In relation to the rest of the board, they were actually in the lower half of it...meaning, they didn't take up nearly the full amount of space available on the board, but that seemed to be on purpose. The two pictures were basically of the same scene or event, but they were slightly different. It was like they were of two different moments in time, but both at the same place and not that far apart, time-wise.

The guy was submitting them to me. The seemed like a gift that he had worked hard on. He was certainly artistic, so I felt some value from that alone. While the project seemed like a gift, it also felt like he was submitting them to me to receive my approval or affirmation. He didn't say anything, but I felt like he was hurting or something. I struggled internally for only a moment, but eventually gave in to whatever was tugging at me and hugged the guy. That didn't seem inappropriate, but I still wasn't totally comfortable about it.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Gift of Two Pictures

Post by LadyonFire 217 on Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:55 am

Did you ever get clarity on this dream? If not, what did you like about the guy or the friendship? What stood out about his personality to you?
I think figuring out what he meant to you back then will help you to figure out what he represents to you in this dream.

Do you remember back when you had the dream if you were struggling inside yourself with making a decision to do something that could have been construed as inappropriate?

Just some thoughts.

LadyonFire 217

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:30 am

Hi, LadyonFire -

I honestly can't remember what was going on when I had the dream. I don't think that I had any struggles that stood out to me at the time. Rereading the dream, I can see it all clearly like I had just dreamed it...but I don't know what it relates to. Part of me thinks that it probably manifested without my making the connection, but maybe it hasn't.

I remember that I expected someone to come to me with something - and issue or whatever - and that I'd have some internal conflict with comforting them due to what others may think...something along those lines. I do remember being really conscious of opportunities to comfort someone over the next few days to a week (which is about how long it normally takes before I see where a dream applies). I don't remember if anything stood out, though.

This guy could have symbolized someone that seems "foreign" to me - as in, their personality or situation. Or, I would have looked for his literal name to be the same in real life. I'm certain that wasn't the case, though.

I'd have to go back and look at what I did around that time. I suddenly have an idea that the submitted pictures might have been a couple dreams that I was asked to look at...if I can even find it. Talking this out "out loud" has given me an idea.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyonFire 217 on Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:38 am

Try looking up the meaning of his name and see if that helps.

A thought that won't leave my mind until I go ahead and type it is, is it possible that there is a part of you, a character trait about yourself that you don't feel comfortable embracing?

Just for example purposes, let's say you are a soprano. Most men would be quite adverse to embracing that trait and much more adverse to letting anyone else know that they have a soprano voice.

So can you think of something about yourself that you really don't care for although it can actually be a good thing?

LadyonFire 217

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:06 am

LadyonFire 217 wrote:So can you think of something about yourself that you really don't care for although it can actually be a good thing?
Ha! I've got a pretty long list of things. Have you got a free hour? :)

In all seriousness, I understand what you're saying. I'll have to go back to God with this question to see what He's trying to draw my attention to.

Thank you!

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyonFire 217 on Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:07 am

Love ya brother.

LadyonFire 217

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 7:01 pm