Traveling through a city, looking for food.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Traveling through a city, looking for food.

Post by exo152 on Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:19 am

I had a rather long dream that seemed to be mostly myself and a large group of my family, traveling through an unknown city. The streets were cobblestone and the buildings were either old or made to look old. We came to a large, cathedral type building and when we arrived there were people waiting to greet us. They saw me and said, "she's here!". They had been expecting me and took me to a back room to prepare me for some upcoming ministry I had apparently arrived to do. In real life I was a children's pastor for about ten years and I knew in the dream that this was to be children's ministry. They had cardboard boxes set up like tables in this back room and were going to get me ready to go out and minister. But I stopped them, saying I would be working solely behind the puppet stage and needed no costuming (in real life I was not the puppeteer, but the teacher and usually wore some type of costume). They begged to be allowed to at least give me a luscious, glittery looking manicure, and I agreed, sensing that they just wanted to bless me in some way, even though I am not the manicure type.
The next scene I and my family group are traveling back through the city again. Others in our group are lagging behind and I am impatient. I begin walking faster, leaving them somewhat behind, when my Dad catches up with me and asks me what my hurry is. The rest of the group catches up with us and we decide we are hungry. We travel for a while, looking for a restaurant, before we find a place that advertises fish and chips. I tell the group that my husband and I had eaten at this chain before and it was good. We all go in and find a table and my husband and dad go to the counter to place our orders. We have a back table and from where we are seated I see an open door to the kitchen and there is literally food stacked all over the place, filling every nook and cranny. My dad comes back to our table and says we have to leave. The owner is getting ready to shut down, because he says he is out of food. I point to the kitchen and my dad shrugs and says, maybe it is spoiled?
As we leave we pass other people, those who are eating and one lady holds up a sandwich and says "this food is no good. I think it is spoiled." We leave the restaurant and stand wondering where we will be able to find any food?
After typing this dream, there are things about it that remind me of a theme park in our area.
Any thoughts??

exo152

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Traveling through a city, looking for food.

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:51 am

Hello, Exo -

Do you think this dream could be about a return to ministry - even if it's temporary? You insisted on being behind the scenes, so perhaps it's about a supporting role - maybe an advisor related to children's ministry?

The expression of thanks from the people in the dream would likely take place in real life as well. You received from them graciously, even if it didn't fit the type of person you are. That'd likely be the case when the dream manifests.

The 2nd half of the dream with the restaurant seems like a search for a church. A restaurant can represent the church - a place to be fed. You had an opinion on the place in the dream based upon past experience. So, if this is about a church, it would make sense that you find one that is familiar to you.

I don't want to ignore the "getting ahead of everyone" detail. Does that fit how you are or feel in respect to this search in real life?

Now the part about seeing so much food - and yet, the owner says he's out. It could literally be a church that's on the verge of closing its doors. You saw all the food available in the dream, though. The following bits seem like confirmation for you when, in your own understanding, the place (church) seems like the right spot to be. Your father (perhaps, Father) gave you a reason, and then someone else confirmed it. In the end, you left the place...so, it's likely that you'll do so in real life...even if it doesn't make sense when you do.

Blessings,
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:01 am

I agree with Mark...wholeheartedly!

Do not fight FOR victory, but fight FROM THE PLACE of victory. Jesus has ALREADY won the battle!

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by exo152 on Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:17 am

Wow.....so much to take in!!
I will have to pray on it and digest it and get back with you......
Ad yes, I have a natural tendency toward impatience. I was prophesied over several years ago that it is actually a "motivator" anointing, and that God uses it in me to pioneer ministries and motivate others to come alongside. I absolutely hate wasting time.
Thank you Mark and Cholette!!

exo152

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by exo152 on Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:42 am

In going back over what you shared, Mark, I wonder, could some of this dream have already manifested? The reason I ask, is I did work with a children's program last winter as a behind the scenes kind of helper. And the leaders of the program were incredibly thankful and appreciative, although to me I didn't feel as though I did much. They gave me a small gift at the end of the program, to show their appreciation and I accepted it and thanked them, although it isn't anything I would get myself.
Since then we have been in search for a church to attend. We resigned from ministry almost exactly a year ago, attended another church of our denomination for about ten months, felt completely invisible there, and yes, I was impatient to get out and find a place where we "fit".
We recently began attending a new church. The pastor there was our pastor over twenty years ago. He mentored us and taught us and he was the pastor who first confirmed our call to ministry.  The people in this church are old friends and we feel very welcome here. Indeed, in going to this church it feels like a place we ate and were satisfied in the past. And the main thing my husband is currently saying is, "at least we know we will be fed here."
But there is no children's ministry in this church. And now, with this dream I am wondering if we will soon be standing outside the door wondering where to go??

exo152

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:59 am

exo152 wrote: And now, with this dream I am wondering if we will soon be standing outside the door wondering where to go??

Since so much of the dream fits what's already happened in your life, my thoughts are that the end of it is to let you know what's going to happen where you are right now. I think that all of the details that fit the past are so that you know what area of your life this applies to - especially since the very end of the dream didn't make sense to your natural mind. This way, when it happens, there's no question that God told you about it in advance so that you can have peace in it.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:17 am

exo152 wrote: I was impatient to get out and find a place where we "fit".

Hello Exo152

I didn't "fit" in my church in the beginning. It was just the opposite of what I expected to find. Most of the people there were half my age...including the Pastor and his wife. It was a smaller church than I wanted (15 people), but the Word was fantastic. It didn't have any of the programs I thought a church God would send me to would have. Three years later, The church is 160 members, programs galore and we've made our mark in this region.

I'm telling you this because the blessings don't always fit our mold in the beginning, but can eventually grow into what we desire and better. If it wasn't for the Word being good, I may have missed God. Now that I'm here, every time a prophet comes to our church I'm always getting a word about how my gifts were waiting for me to get to this place in order to bloom. I can NEVER doubt if this is the place for me because God confirmed it a million times...lol!

I could cry thinking about how I almost missed God based on what I saw with my natural eyes...when God had something so much bigger awaiting to manifest in record time.

Just thought I share...

Do not fight FOR victory, but fight FROM THE PLACE of victory. Jesus has ALREADY won the battle!

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by exo152 on Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:40 am

Thank you again Mark and Cholette. You two have really ministered to me this morning. Thank you for your faithfulness.
The church we are currently attending is warm and friendly, there is such a freedom in the Holy Spirit, and we have a deep respect for the pastor. We are willing to help in the area of children's ministry if asked. Word has gotten back to us that the pastor is even considering us for an associate position. Not that we are seeking it. Not at this time. But the lady complaining about the spoiled food makes me think of a friend who attends this church. She was complaining a few months back that the pastor seems to keep serving the same dish and she is hungry for something else. Could that be the spoiled food? And this church is doing very well financially, so I can't see them closing the doors due to finances.
Thank you so much again!

exo152

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by exo152 on Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:10 pm

I can't seem to get away from this dream today, seems like it is following me around!
The impatience I felt I now realize was the exact feeling I had to leave the ministry I was helping in this past winter. I worked with these people for about five months in that program on an off-night, and felt quite a bit of pressure to attend that church,although they were not our denomination and we don't believe the same in many areas. But the whole time I was there, even helping, I had this intense impatience to just LEAVE. They only thing that kept me there was I had already committed to help and felt like I should just stick it out. I am still friends with these people, but was so thankful when my commitment was over.
The place in the dream where I felt the impatience was also the place I had felt it the strongest in the dream, after my commitment had ended and I was feeling pressured to return and make that church my church home.
As for where I am in real life according to the dream, I should be seated in the restaurant waiting while my husband and father left to place the order, sitting there seeing all the food stuffed in the storage area. Two things I am puzzled about;
1) the owner refused to serve us, he said he was going to have to shut down, due to having run out of food.
2) the tables were crowded as we were leaving, people eating and talking. It's as we passed a table that the lady held up the sandwich and remarked to her companion that the food tasted funny, as if it were spoiled.

exo152

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:05 pm

If where you are in real life lines up with waiting at the table in the dream...then, just hold on to this one a little longer. When I read your last post, I kept feeling that there's more to come...just gotta wait and see.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 8:05 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top