Husband shoots and kills armed assailent

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Husband shoots and kills armed assailent

Post by exo152 on Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:48 am

My husband dreamed last night that he and our daughter were walking out of a store when they were met by a man waving a gun. The man was threatening my husband and told him he was going to kill our daughter, then he was going to kill him. My husband took his own gun from a hidden pocket and shot the man dead before he could pull the trigger. The police let my husband go and told him there would be would be no charges since he shot the man in self-defense. However, after that everywhere my husband went, people treated him badly, accusing him of  killing the man for other reasons. He said he couldn't even walk in a place without everyone giving him dirty looks and whispering about him.

In real life my husband and I do know the man he shot in the dream. He was married to a lady in our church when we were pastoring. He was a drug user and physically abusive to her. They got a divorce during that time and I had to write out an account of some of the abuse I personally witnessed for the judge. I don't know what became of it or if he even knew it was me who submitted it. We haven't seen nor heard anything about him in years and my husband dreaming about him seems kind of out of the blue.

exo152

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Husband shoots and kills armed assailent

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:01 am

Hello, Exo -

Is there anything going on in your husband's life right now that's a threat to him and your daughter?

Does anyone he's dealing with remind him of the man in the dream?  Either appearance or name?  With me, if I've dreamed of someone that I haven't seen in a long time (and likely wouldn't see), the dream manifests with the name being literal, but not the person.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by exo152 on Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:15 am

I hadn't thought of that. Our oldest son has the same first name as the man in the dream and there is a lot of friction between he and our daughter. I am home with the kids so I know it is a two way street, but my husband has always had a soft spot for our daughter and tends to take her side, which causes more friction with our son. I have tried to tell my husband that our daughter is instigating a lot of it and he is starting to catch her at it, but the process has been kind of slow.
The dream is making sense now!! I do not think it means a literal killing of our son, but I do think words my husband has spoken to him have wounded him. And yeah, I have been the one not so happy with my husband for it. Thanks Mark!!

exo152

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:21 am

You've got it.  I was going to say that guns and shooting in a lot of dreams tends to mean words/arguments - which you've recognized with this dream.  :)

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 12:01 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top