House on fire!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

House on fire!!!

Post by LadyDi on Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:34 pm

I went to sleep last night, June 20th, and hadn't been asleep very long at all when I woke up out of a dream at around 20 minutes to midnight.  It was very unusual for me to have a dream as soon as I went to sleep.  In the dream, it was not our literal house, but "a house".  I have noted that whenever I have had a house dream that was the actual house we lived in, it was about something that was literal and happened later.

So, in the dream, I was in "a house" and it was bedtime.  A Christian friend/sister of mine was staying there with us and she went outside to go to bed in front of the house where her bed was, on what looked like a simple concrete patio.  There were other people staying in the house too, including our family.  Then, I started to see smoke and knew there was a fire in the house.  So I started yelling at everyone to get out.  I realized that the house was going to burn and thought I should try to grab something, so I ran over to the fireplace mantle and put my hand on an object and thought "there's no time to grab anything" and just didn't care about the decided things didn't matter.  I saw my husband and children standing in a group by the fireplace and mantle and I was yelling at them to get out!  Several times, I told my 6 year old daughter to stay with her dad or our older daughter.  

I was running around looking for where the fire was and opened the basement door and the saw that the whole basement was consumed with the fire, so I quickly shut the door.  Then, I went by the fireplace room again and looked toward what seemed to be the kitchen and saw a group of people standing there.  All of a sudden the fire exploded around them and they were completely consumed.  I was shocked at how quickly it happened.  I felt sad and it was hard to see it.  

Then, I went outside to wake up our friend sleeping on the "patio" and told her there was a fire and to run away from the house.  She woke up and I knew she was very tired and was trying to wake up because she had just gone to sleep.  I think I told her where my 6 year old daughter was.  I was warning everyone in the house about the fire, but some didn't make it.

LadyDi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: House on fire!!!

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:29 am

LadyDi wrote:I was warning everyone in the house about the fire, but some didn't make it.

Hello, LadyDi -

This final line stands out to me. Is there anything in your waking life where you know you need to leave? In your dream, you took care of your own family and a friend...but you saw that some were consumed and you knew at the end that some didn't make it.

You said that when you've dreamed of your house in the past that it pertains to something literal. I'm not saying that this isn't about a literal fire, because it may be. However, to me, it feels more symbolic of a dangerous situation. Since other people were involved in the dream, it may be about leaving a larger group or organization.

Just some thoughts. Toss if they don't apply.
Blessings,
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyDi on Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:50 pm

Hello Mark,

Thank you so much for your thoughts!  I felt that it probably wasn't literal also because it wasn't my actual house, but "a" house, so I agree with what you're saying.  

And yes, in my waking life, there is a church group that we've been meeting with that split off of another church and it was not with their blessing and there is a lot of pain and hard feelings involved toward this new group.  Even though they are excited to do the things God has called the church to do (outreach for souls, repentance, etc.), I've been wondering if we're supposed to be there and wondering if they are in God's will. It's hard, because they are very excited and sincere.  

Also, after more reflection on the dream, I wasn't 100% sure that I saw my husband in the house and in "real" life he hasn't been going with us because of his job schedule.  And 5 days before this dream, he told me he didn't want to go to this new church, so I knew the children and I wouldn't be going there either.

The other thing about my friend sleeping outside the house, is that her and her son had been living with us and they had just moved a few days before this dream.  

Another friend had suggested that maybe the fire was something good, but why would I be warning people to leave?  What do you think about that angle?

Bless you!

LadyDi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:07 pm

LadyDi wrote:Another friend had suggested that maybe the fire was something good, but why would I be warning people to leave?  What do you think about that angle?

If the fire was a good thing, I truly believe that you'd know it within the dream. There would be some positive resolution - so that you could see that the fire was really something good. Or, in the least, you'd have feelings in the dream that would show you that this was a good thing.

I know that Fire can be associated with the Holy Spirit, but I don't think that's the meaning in this dream.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyDi on Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:37 pm

"I know that Fire can be associated with the Holy Spirit, but I don't think that's the meaning in this dream."

Yes, I agree with that!

I was also wondering why I was so focused on making sure where my 6 year old daughter was as opposed to both her and our 9 year old son. I guess time will tell also. Thank you again for your thoughts, they were extremely helpful!! I'm so thankful for this site!! :)

LadyDi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deborah on Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:39 pm

Do you think the house on fire could represent hell? Perhaps you warning people could be an evangelistic call on your life.

Deborah
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:41 pm

FYI...I had a very similar dream before I left my former church and even though the church didn't go up in literal smoke, but things began to destruct and the church isn't doing well at all. I was warning people as well, but they were lethargic and not listening.

Do not fight FOR victory, but fight FROM THE PLACE of victory. Jesus has ALREADY won the battle!

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyDi on Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:34 pm

Thank you, Deborah! Yes, I actually do have an evangelistic call on my life and am ALWAYS trying to talk to people and warn them about hell. It is a HUGE burden in my heart.

Cholette, thank you, that is very good to know. Please pray for me!

Another interesting possibility that I felt the dream might be connected to also is the fire that just killed the 19 firemen in AZ. It happened only an hour and a half from where we live and my friend (in the dream) that had just moved, is a couple hours away in another direction from where it was. When the news reported that the men had been consumed and that the fire overtook them very quickly, I immediately thought about the "people" who were in the "kitchen" area (although I didn't see any appliances or anything, but was guessing) and realized they were ALL men. I can't say there were 19, but I only saw men. When I recorded them as people, I reasoned in my natural mind that it couldn't just be men, there must have been women that I couldn't see because why would it just be men. In the dream, the fire (that was raging in the basement) basically exploded and like a whirlwind, swirled around them in an instant and consume them so quickly that they had no time to react.

Not sure which it is now at this point, so will keep praying. Any new insight/input, please let me know. :)

LadyDi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 10:32 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top