Dying Rooster

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dying Rooster

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:16 am

I was in a house that had some similarities to my own, but it wasn't exactly my house. It had a feel to it like I was only there temporarily, like it belonged to someone else and I may have been watching it. And yet, there was still the feeling that it was mine at the same time.

From inside the house, I looked out an upstairs window. In the yard/driveway was a large rooster - maybe 3-4' from head to tail. The thing wasn't acting right - I knew it was dying. It also looked a bit rough, clearly in bad health. It had this worn look to it. There were other roosters in the yard searching for food, and they all looked well. I'm not a chicken person, but they were pretty looking birds within the dream. I felt bad for the dying one. It no longer looked good like the other ones. It ate a little of something, which was good to see. Still, it wasn't going to save it or anything. I continued to watch as it moved around the yard with the others.

Sitting on a table near the window was a small, metal statue of a rooster. It was made out of thin wire, but the wires made a solid figure. A few strands of this wire had fallen off/out of the statue and were laying on the tabletop beneath it. I continued to look at the statue and a desire to touch the head of it began to grow in me. And yet, I was conflicted about this, because I also became aware that this metal statue had life in it. Sure enough, I went to "pet" it on the head, and the statue moved a little in response to my touch. It wasn't like I gave it life or anything like that, though. I only touched it for a moment, though. I want to say that the statue "liked" it.

Now I headed downstairs to the main level of the house. This is where the building resembled my home and someone else's - the layout reminded me of my old pastor's house.  I was standing where I could see the front door down a hallway. So, it was like I was in their kitchen. Just like in their home, from the front door you could come straight to where I was, or you could pass around through the dining area. Well, the front door was open with just the windowed screen door closed. I could see 3 or 4 people outside, and I knew that this was headed to trouble. They all let themselves in, and now a confrontation was going to take place.

In the group, I remember an ex being included.  In real life, she was the daughter of the pastors mentioned above.  I was in a bit of disbelief to see her and to know that she was associated with the others.  Also in the group was a guy from work named Will. When the group entered, they split apart - one or two coming directly at me, and the other headed off through the other rooms that connected to where I was. They were raiding the house for something.

I wasn't going down without a struggle. One of the guys in the group was a large fellow - clearly there to be the brawn for the group. He grabbed and held me, and there was little I could do in spite of my struggling. They weren't exactly there to harm me, though - just to take something. Will came around to me as I struggled, and without a word he showed me what they had come there for: He held up one of the metal strands from the rooster statue that was laying on the table earlier. When I saw it, I yelled at him saying, "Why don't you take the whole thing, then?!" But, they weren't there for the whole statue - just that piece.

I continued to struggle, and another man came up to me with a ring on his finger that I knew was able to stun me - tazer-like. He reached out his hand to do so, and I expected the shock from it. I was determined to resist, though. Even though the brawny guy had me held, I had a free arm. I reached out and grabbed the man's fist with the ring, like I was blocking a punch. He began trying to stun me with his ring, and I felt the stinging, but I was able to overpower the attack that was supposed to make me lose control of my body. In the dream, even I couldn't quite believe that I was that strong. It was more of a willpower strength than a physical one. The dream ends with the struggle with these two men. Will (and the ex, presumably) had left with the metal strand.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dying Rooster

Post by dreamster on Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:21 pm

i havnt read the whole drm :disappointed:but wundered if it was about dominant pewrson in ur life ,,like a boss or sumthing, Scratch Chin,,alpha male type personality that is diminishing,, bandaid

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:30 pm

Very possible, D.  My first thoughts were of my cousin, who is also my boss.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:46 am

nerdholy moly

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 8:33 am

Sponsored content