ON THE BRIDGE

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ON THE BRIDGE

Post by mightyprincess on Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:56 am

I was pondering this dream/vision for the past week since I believe the Holy Spirit put it in my memory. I come to find out when I had to go back to my dream journal to mediate on it, the entry date was in the same week of December last year. Since then I have searched for some meaning of symbols in this dream that are in Scripture. I haven't got the full meaning of this dream. Last week I thought of sharing it, I was hesitant because I was waiting on the Lord for the interpretation. I am still waiting and I pray that if it is His will you will be able to help as He may lead.

I was sleeping at night and in my dream or vision I was standing on a bridge. This bridge was above the sea. I was looking ahead of me and all I could see is water to no end. I was then asked, "what do you see?." Suddenly I saw above the sea a man who was dressed in like an off white linen cloth robe. He was holding a infant swaddled in the same color linen cloth. The man was giving the infant over to no subject or object, just giving it up in the empty sky over the sea. Then I saw a woman holding an infant in the same swaddled linen. I didnít see the face of the infant or remember the faces of the man or woman. The woman was dressed in black cloth. The woman was giving the infant over to the empty sky above the sea, but it was like she was exchanging it for money because I saw a hand giving money over for the infant.
sea: nations, people
Black cloth: may represent black sack cloth for mourning.
woman: may represent the church
man: could be a father giving his son over to the nations or people

mightyprincess

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/swelch77

Back to top Go down

Re: ON THE BRIDGE

Post by Desiree (Starpop) on Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:57 pm

I know that in scripture (Psalms and Isaiah will find it for you specifically) when people would mourn they would put on sackcloth (which usually is brown) and sit in ashes (which is gray). They would also shave their heads and cry out.

In your dream you are on a bridge and there's water to no end. I wonder if there is a transition that you're comtemplating making in the future but you're at a stand still? Could that baby represent you? ARe you contemplating whether you want to give your life to God (or live holy) or not?

When I saw the part in your dream about the woman giving the baby over for money, it reminded me of a scripture in Revelations about the woman running with her child from Satan (who was trying to destroy the child). Many theologians have said that the woman represented the church and Christ (the baby) who has come to the world to save it and Satan tried to destroy the destiny before it even happened (as he did in Moses time--killing all first born and in Jesus' time, killing all first born to stop Jesus from coming to redeem) (Revelation 12). Know that nothing happens by accident or mistakes in God. I also thought about the scipture about "would a man gain the whole world and lose his soul". The woman gave up her baby in exchange for money. Could this be a warning to you personally and to the world to not "give up your life for God/sell your soul" in order to gain acceptance and favor from the world (matthew 16:26)? I would rather please God than man. Whenever I see the color black I don't look at it as a good thing: unless it signifies "death" spiritually.

[sup]11(Z) Let the evildoer still do evil, and the filthy still be filthy, and the righteous still do right, and the holy still be holy."

12"Behold,(AA) I am coming soon,(AB) bringing my recompense with me,(AC) to repay everyone for what he has done. 13(AD) I am the Alpha and the Omega,(AE) the first and the last,(AF) the beginning and the end."
14Blessed are those who(AG) wash their robes,[e] so that they may have the right to(AH) the tree of life and that(AI) they may enter the city by the gates. 15(AJ) Outside are(AK) the dogs(AL) and sorcerers and the sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters, and everyone who loves and practices falsehood.
Revelation 22:11-15

[/sup]Please pray on what I've said
desiree

Desiree (Starpop)
Supporting Member/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Thank You

Post by mightyprincess on Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:31 am

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and insights. I will continue to pray about this and seek the Lord.

We have a woman in my church who is gifted in the prophetic and she teaches on how to hear the voice of God through various ways such as dreams and visions. She also interperts dreams and is apart of Streams Ministries. Here is her response to my dream.

Hi, Serena,

I'm so glad you are recording your dreams. Thank you for sharing this one with me. My feeling is that the dream is showing you an important spiritual transition that is taking place. God has given His gift to the world. As those who are faithful to receive it (the church) surrender the gift back up to God it will eventually bring great favor from heaven. The black cloak on the woman probably signifies that it may feel like things are too late and things are about to die, but just when it seems like it's too late, God will reach down and shed His favor on those who offer their gift to Him. It can also be true on a personal level. If there are hopes and dreams you have that seem all but dead, just when it seems it's too late, God's favor will break through.

That's my take on it. It's very much a Christmas dream that is true all year round!

Blessings on you , Serena, as you continue to discern God's voice in the many ways He is speaking.

mightyprincess

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/swelch77

Back to top Go down

Post by Desiree (Starpop) on Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:54 pm

thats some nice insight! :)

you're always welcome and God bless you abundantly!
smooches
desiree

Desiree (Starpop)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gail Neal on Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:14 pm

G'Day All

Could it also be that the Lord is using your dream as a revelation to another female member of this forum.

I love the way the Lord works, he does not just give a revelation, he delights in giving his children a OH MMMMY GOD :jawdrop: REVELATION....

God Bless you all....
Gail

Gail Neal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Desiree (Starpop) on Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:27 pm

Good one Gail!
smooches
desiree

Desiree (Starpop)