Two Chickens, Two Criminals

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Two Chickens, Two Criminals

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:33 am

In the first scene of the dream, I'm going to open the lid on a large, blue Rubbermaid container. I had a quick task to perform while my mother was away. Inside of the tub were two chickens, each in opposite corners of this tub. All I needed to do was give them some food. I took a handful of these small pellets and split it between the two, sprinkling them in the chickens' respective corners. I looked at the chickens for just a moment before replacing the lid. They didn't do anything other than act like chickens...they just kinda sat there and didn't go crazy or anything in response to my actions. As far as feelings go, I only felt a teeny bit bad about them having to stay inside this container while my mother was away. It was temporary, though, so it wasn't that big of a deal.

Then, the scene changes and I'm sitting in the far back of a long van. There's two groups of passengers: First, there's these two "criminals," and then there's everyone else - like 4 or 5 other people. The other people are just dark or dirty looking, but not necessarily bad. As for the two criminals, they weren't being transported because of what they had done wrong. There had been some attack against them, and one of them had gotten his throat slit. This trip was partly for their protection or maybe just for treatment.

I don't know why I was in this vehicle, but in the dream I felt like I needed to get out. I wasn't being held or anything - it felt more like a situation that I just needed to separate myself from. As the van travelled down a road in my town, I looked out the window and saw my mother walking back into town from the direction where we were headed. I felt even more strongly that I should remove myself from this situation.

In real life, this road leads past the county jail. It's also the road that I take everyday to go to work. Nothing stands out to me as needing to separate myself from at the moment. Also, my mother is out of town today at a conference for work. She also owns chickens, with two newer ones added to the rest in recent weeks...but, I don't have anything to do with them.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Two Chickens, Two Criminals

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:26 am

TheWhiteShadow wrote:Nothing stands out to me as needing to separate myself from at the moment.
Now that I think about it, I have an idea what this might be about. I have a union meeting this Sunday with all of my coworkers regarding contract renewal in the fall. We'll all be assembled together in one place (which never happens), and there's many that I'd rather not be lumped together with. I hate the fact that I'm associated with certain loud, outspoken and, honestly, ignorant people simply because we're under the same union banner. This upcoming meeting is probably what the dream is mostly about. Not sure on the part with the chickens, though.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by silentqueen on Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:21 pm

Hi Mark,

These are just my thoughts....

What struck me as odd is that inside the container; the chickens were in their respective corners. In other words, together in the same place yet still divided. You gave them food - only what they needed and then you cover them up again.

I don't know why I'm thinking of a couple who may feel trapped in their relationship. The chickens represent a mindset perhaps for them. They are afraid to leave the situation because they are getting what they need. It's like a bad marriage. You go to your room and I'll stay in mine.

This could be my runaway thoughts. Toss what doesn't fit

silentqueen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:23 pm

Thank you very much, Marla, for sharing your thoughts on the chicken portion. What you said makes sense to me. I've got two separate possibilities for the application. It may apply to the union meeting since that was a part of the same dream. We certainly are divided, and during the meeting I only spoke up as a voice of reason. What I contributed was something for the others to think about.

It may also be a conversation I had with a family member that had gone through a rough patch with another family member. I only spoke to the one, but I offered advice and she was more than open to what I said.

You know, as I was writing this, I wonder if it's about both situations. The container may simply represent the Day. The chickens weren't involved with each other inside the container - they were each in their own corners. I fed them both. So, it may be about the two things in the same day. Thinking out loud here more than anything. :)

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 10:26 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top