my dad dies, family dresses up in costumes

View previous topic View next topic Go down

my dad dies, family dresses up in costumes

Post by Deborah on Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:15 pm

I dreamed my dad had died. I was at a church neither he nor I attend, but that's where his funeral was. Ive had dreams before warning me not to attend this church. The family was all gathered together getting ready to walk into the sanctuary. I notice everybody is dressed up like medical personnel, scrubs, white lab coats etc. and everybody is wearing plastic gloves except me. The funeral director in the dream is a Jezebel I know IRL. I ask why everybody is dressed like hospital employees and she says in a real snotty voice, " I made the announcement YESTERDAY.". She hands me a pair of plastic gloves. I think the reason I hadn't heard the announcement was because my heart hurt so much grieving for my dad. So then another guy-- another funeral home employee in my dream but my father in law in real life-- leads us into the sanctuary but we walk through a maze of rooms and up and down flights of stairs. I'm really grieving for my dad during this whole dream and the rest of my family isn't and seems to think the costumes and long route to the sanctuary are nothing out of the ordinary.

Deborah
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: my dad dies, family dresses up in costumes

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:10 pm

Hi, Deborah -

Do the feelings of grief fit anywhere right now in your life that might line up with this dream?

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deborah on Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:34 pm

My dad was 46 when I was born; he will be 91 soon. I think this dream mirrors the grief I would have with his passing and the absurd rituals involved in the church he does attend. Most of my siblings also adhere to the philosophy of this church too. I saw my dad just the other day and he's incredibly active and sharp, but I wondered how long he will be around.

Deborah
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 10:50 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top