sneaking around doing drugs

View previous topic View next topic Go down

sneaking around doing drugs

Post by Angelwings on Wed May 29, 2013 5:33 pm

I was really close to brushing this dream off but it's really bothering me.

I'm out and about on the town, going here and there and I'm with a cousin of mine. I decide to pop a pill that is normally taken in the club scene. (But I wasn't going clubbing in the dream) My cousin has never taken any drugs so I tell her that we have to be careful how we act or people will notice. At a certain time I realized that this drug would be in our system for a long time so we would have to stay out late until it wears off, and sneak back home when we are sober. So we decide to go to a 24 hour restaurant to hang out. I see my mother there showing up to work as a waitress, and I duck and dive out the side door.

First of all, this is not the kind of life I live. In my early 20's I did experiment with drugs one summer but that was many moons ago so although the drug itself is familiar to me, this dream is out of character for me. My cousin was never in to that kind of scene so I'm not sure why she's in it. I didn't watch anything on tv or online to give me these thoughts. It's so weird, in the dream at one point I could even feel that I was on the drug. I don't recognize any of the places either.

This bothers me so much, I dont know why.
any thoughts?

Angelwings

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: sneaking around doing drugs

Post by Shan on Wed May 29, 2013 6:20 pm

This is just a thought and not an interpretation, but I'd be on my guard for a temptation from the enemy. I'm not saying it is in the area of drugs or anything like that. I feel that in your dream the drug was used to make an impact on you and get a message across that says "something isn't right here."
Not sure about your cousin other than the temptation could impact someone else too.

Again, just a thought...

Shan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelwings on Wed May 29, 2013 8:16 pm

Thank you. I thought it may be temptation too. I have a feeling this may not even have anything to do with me. Like I said, I was going to brush it off because it doesn't fit anywhere in my life at all. Then I had the thought that it could be someone else. But at this time its just a thought...Im waiting on the Lord.

Angelwings

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Wed May 29, 2013 9:45 pm

Along with what has already been said...I thought about "under the influence" of something. Is there something going on in your personal life that influences you and you are concerned about anyone seeing you in that light? You do not have to answer this here or you can toss if it doesn't bear witness, but drugs are known to be mind altering and whenever we believe anything outside of God's Word, we are under the influence of something else. I also believe that your cousin may be dealing with the same thing.

Just thoughts...blessings to you

Do not fight FOR victory, but fight FROM THE PLACE of victory. Jesus has ALREADY won the battle!

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelwings on Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:02 am

Cholette wrote:Along with what has already been said...I thought about "under the influence" of something. Is there something going on in your personal life that influences you and you are concerned about anyone seeing you in that light? You do not have to answer this here or you can toss if it doesn't bear witness, but drugs are known to be mind altering and whenever we believe anything outside of God's Word, we are under the influence of something else. I also believe that your cousin may be dealing with the same thing.

Just thoughts...blessings to you

Thank you Cholette, I'm sorry I came back to this so late. This is interesting and possible. I can't think of thing off the top of my head but I will pray on it and ask the Lord to show me if there is.

I do want to mention that since this dream I've had some difficult times with my allergies. I've been suffering greatly but I started taking a new med that has been somewhat of a relief. It helps me BREATH better, keeps my allergy symptoms under control BUT my body didn't take to it very well and the side effects were along the lines of me being "under the influence" and UP ALL NIGHT! I was experiencing insomnia, the jitters, and high energy, dry mouth. It was horrible so I stopped taking it and now I'm on the search for a healthier way to deal with this chronic sinusitis I've developed.
anyway, thanks for sharing your thoughts

Angelwings

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 4:00 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top