Wrong shoe??

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Wrong shoe??

Post by exo152 on Wed May 29, 2013 7:51 am

My husband dreamed last night that he was leaving for work when he realized one of his shoes felt wrong. He looked down and saw he was wearing our son's dress shoe on one foot and his work boot on the other. He thought to himself, "how do I explain this to the boss?"

exo152

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wrong shoe??

Post by Deborah on Wed May 29, 2013 8:09 am

Is your husband feeling he should have more of a managerial position at work?

Deborah
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by exo152 on Wed May 29, 2013 9:24 am

My husband really likes his boss, who is also a Christian. He does feel like his boss isn't treated with respect by two other workers. One is a woman, who really seems to operate under a Jezebel spirit. The other is her "Ahab". But the boss is an easy going guy who doesn't like to make waves and pretty much lets her think she is getting her way. This may make it easier for him, but the other workers are really disgusted with her and her "Ahab".
As far as my husband wanting a manager position, I don't think so. He has had those before and done really well. But he is called to ministry and only sees this job as a "season" before he steps back into ministry.

exo152

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Wed May 29, 2013 10:19 am

Hi, Exo -

I was thinking that the dream is about a commitment made to your son that somehow interferes with work. It could be something short and simple, like needing one day off or having to leave early.

-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deborah on Wed May 29, 2013 10:44 am

Eeks those Jezebels and Ahabs are no fun, especially in the workplace. Could it be your husband would like to momentarily step in and resolve this situation to alleviate the tension at the workplace not only for the workers but also the boss he likes? I'd say since he recognizes/discerns the source of the strife, it's something he needs to take authority over in the spiritual realm or manage if you will.

Deborah
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by exo152 on Wed May 29, 2013 11:09 am

He would definitely like to take care of this situation. The Jezebel wants to run the whole show and only makes it harder for everyone else. I myself have been praying the lady will find a new job elsewhere! Thanks for the insight!

exo152

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by exo152 on Wed May 29, 2013 11:42 am

Mark,
I did wonder about him wearing our son's shoe. However, my husband has always been a family first kind of dad; he has always taken a personal or vacation day off of work anytime the kids needed him at something special.
I do think there was a significance to him wearing his shoe, though. And also, the kind of shoe...I said dress shoe, and our son wears them when he dresses up,but they are just really nice Toms (basically a simple,canvas shoe), but a type of shoe my husband would never wear in real life.

exo152

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deborah on Wed May 29, 2013 11:47 am

You are welcome! Having suffered from extreme character assassination at the lips of a Jezebel, I can say this is a spirit that needs to be taken seriously. Of course greater is He Who lives within us, amen? I think he picked your son's shoe because this is something that requires less than his pastor's armor because in this situation he is "just" a worker(no offense intended)-- it's like he's picking up David's slingshot instead of Saul's armor if that makes sense.

Deborah
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Wed May 29, 2013 2:41 pm

TheWhiteShadow wrote:Hi, Exo -

I was thinking that the dream is about a commitment made to your son that somehow interferes with work. It could be something short and simple, like needing one day off or having to leave early.

-Mark

I agree!!!

Do not fight FOR victory, but fight FROM THE PLACE of victory. Jesus has ALREADY won the battle!

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by exo152 on Wed May 29, 2013 3:47 pm

Cholette and Mark,
I feel the main theme of the dream is the wrong shoe, and it was my son's shoe. However, my husband has never been the kind to place work ahead of our children.
We are having a difficult time getting our son to be motivated toward getting a job himself. He told us two years ago (when he graduated from homeschool) that he felt called to youth ministry. My husband and I were pastoring at the time and we used him in that church. Then he got involved in a music ministry, that sucked the calling for ministry out of him. He quit pursuing ministry a year ago and has just kind of floated since. He seems to have no motivation whatsoever for finding a job, going to college, or doing anything. He has worked some odd jobs, but that has been it.
My husband talked to him last night about pursuing a local job that had come open and he kind of blew him off. Do you think the dream is connected to this perhaps?

exo152

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Wed May 29, 2013 9:38 pm

I can't be sure if it is or not. It could very well be.

It's got to be about something related to your son that affects your husband. In the dream, he noticed the shoe and he knew it was a problem. From that, I figured may related to work in a literal way.

We can look at the dream from a spiritual angle, though: In the dream, you husband felt that he'd have to explain his wearing the wrong shoe to his boss. So, if it's not about his literal boss, could it be the Lord? I could see how what you shared about where your son is right now might cause your husband concern....so, it could very well be about that.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by silentqueen on Thu May 30, 2013 4:06 am

Why am I getting the word preparation? Has your husband been given an assignment for which he feels he isn't prepared?

One more question, was the work boot on right foot or the left?

Marla

silentqueen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyonFire 217 on Thu May 30, 2013 7:04 am

Is your husband trying to walk out/direct your sons spiritual life/vocation alongside of walking out his own purposes in Christ? Is he placing too great a burden upon himself to get your son to where he thinks the son should be? How can your husband explain this to his boss/God?

Your husband has to let his son walk in his own shoes. Sure we all (parents) want to help our kids do their best and succeed in life, but sometimes (and its very hard I know) we have to just let them do it own their own.

Your husband needs to drop the burden of trying to walk in his sons shoes for him. It will NEVER work.

The Lord got this point across to me in a dream where he told me to get out of the drivers seat of my daughters car.

Hope this helps.

LadyonFire 217

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by silentqueen on Thu May 30, 2013 8:00 am

Hi exo152,

More on preparation....feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace. Ephesians 6:15

If we aren't wearing the right shoes, we cannot walk properly. There will be an imbalance. The right shoes help us to stand firm and to walk where He leads us.

Whatever this is, your husband recognized the problem thus the reason for the thought of how he's going to explain this error to his boss.

As we walk with The Lord, our relationship with Him gets stronger. We move from having the Holy Spirit to always be the one to point out those areas which need correcting to recognizing the errors and then saying to Him, Father I need to fix this, huh?"

How do I fix this thing with my son? Your husband may be asking and I could be wrong, but I think God is saying to your husband that he is prepared and the key to it is in his walk and that starts with wearing the right shoes.

Just my thoughts,

Marla

silentqueen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by exo152 on Fri May 31, 2013 8:27 am

Thank you all for the words of insight and help! I think the Holy Spirit has revealed the meaning to me and it has little to do with our son!
Basically my husband is a minister, who has been in a season of rest. But he is feeling restless, wanting to get "back to ministry". He has been asked to minister at two very different churches, within one week of each other;
1) the first, the church OUR SON attends, is a Baptist church, with warm, wonderful people, who are looking for a pastor and really take care of their pastors financially (if he was asked to pastor this church he could quit his day job and would be expected to)
2)the second is a Full Gospel church (and we are full gospel people) pastored by our former pastor, a man who really mentored my husband in the early days of his ministry. He has said he would like for my husband to come in as his associate pastor, with the future of passing his mantel (church) onto my husband. This would be a position he would have to do while working his day job.
I believe our son's shoe is the Baptist Church and the work shoe is the Full Gospel church. My husband has really been leaning toward our son's "shoe" because in his heart he just wants to pastor full-time. But to do that would be to compromise his deepest beliefs and would box him in spiritually.
I think this dream means the Baptist "shoe" would be the wrong fit (I know this by the Spirit also!!) and he needs to keep "working" and pleasing his "boss" (God).
He did tell me last night that the Holy Spirit has warned him not to "compromise" his beliefs. So I am hoping his "shoes" are on right now!!
Thanks all!!

exo152

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deborah on Fri May 31, 2013 10:30 am

Wow! I've been praying for your husband since you posted on the Praying Place he was thinking about pastoring a church that didn't have Pentecostal leanings. I'm sure it would have been a tight, uncomfortable fit. I still would not discount the ministry he has in his current job, ousting that Jezebel spirit.

Deborah
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by exo152 on Fri May 31, 2013 10:40 am

Thank you Deborah!! I think the call that came from our former pastor made him realize where he really wants to be and where he is really supposed to be.
And yes, I think you are right about his workplace calling. I do feel God placed him there to be a strength to his boss, who is the only other Christian there. Thank you SO MUCH for the prayers!!

exo152

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deborah on Fri May 31, 2013 5:00 pm

You are welcome huggins

Deborah
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down