Pulling out teeth with a metal tool. The teeth look burnt/black

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Pulling out teeth with a metal tool. The teeth look burnt/black

Post by Macleod on Sat May 25, 2013 4:45 am

This isn't a very nice dream...please be gentle hee hee

There was a boy and myself pulling out teeth. I didn't see the person who's teeth we were pulling, or even their facial features, only the teeth and the gums. I didn't see the room only that everything around us was white.

Another person was in the room with us, didn't see them, they were showing/telling us what to do. The young boy was doing it with no problem. He'd use a metal tool, pull the tooth out and you'd see the hole in the gum start closing up. When I did it, I was so scared I was going to hurt the person. I'd put the metal tool over the tooth, they mostly looked like molars, then cringe as I pulled the tooth, trying really hard to be gently so as not to hurt the person, I'd see the root come out and then the hole close up.

When I went to put the pulled out molar with the others (they were packed neatly in a container - like you would find eggs stacked neatly in an egg box - these molars were stacked in the same way in a container specifically for the teeth) I noticed that the teeth the boy had pulled out were black, as though they had been burnt, it was as though this had happened after the tooth was pulled out. I felt a little upset with him, he wasn't careful enough, then I looked at the ones I had pulled out, they were slightly lighter but also black and burnt? I didn't understand why?

Macleod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pulling out teeth with a metal tool. The teeth look burnt/black

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sat May 25, 2013 6:38 am

Interesting dream, my friend.

I don't know what the action of pulling the teeth symbolizes, but I can offer some thoughts to help you identify it in your waking life.

First, the person that was directing you that you didn't see - I believe that's the Lord.

Now there's the boy that's doing the work with no problem: I was thinking that the boy could be someone with more faith to do the task. I don't know that they're necessarily more experienced, or else they probably wouldn't have been represented by the young boy.

Next is your feelings about the same task: You were afraid to hurt the person, to begin with. To perform the action made you cringe, initially. You want to be gentle about it. After you went through with it, you saw that the result was just what it was supposed to be.

What makes you feel like you did in the dream?

If this is ministry of some type, I picture it as a sort of deliverance ministry. It may not be about ministry, though - you'd know better than I would.

For the last part of the dream, your feelings are going to be key, again. Seeing how things had been handled after the procedure made you a little upset. You assumed that the other person had done something wrong or inappropriate, but then you saw that the teeth you pulled were the same way. So, whatever this relates to, the burnt part may simply be a part of the process that you don't understand - but that's really the way that it is.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Macleod on Sat May 25, 2013 8:04 am

Ooh intriguing, I would love a deliverance ministry, but like you say, this may not be a ministry.

What has just this second come to mind is that I worked at a children contact center, while there I realized the parent (who the child didn't live with) needed "cleaning up". It's either drugs or alcoholism or mental illnesses (one case I mentioned to you before [rocket & moon dream] and believed it was an evil spirit). I felt if they were helped with their issues then supervised visits at the contact center would no longer be necessary. They could meet up under normal circumstances.

My boss came to me to say that the supervised visits were coming to an end at the contact center and were going to be moved over to the social workers department, but she asked if I would be interested in studying towards getting a counselling degree. She felt that if the parents were counselled and we could get to the root of the problem then these supervised visits would not be necessary. My exact thoughts, so I jumped at that opportunity and start my studies this August.

I would have no idea how to do this on my own, it's something I would need to be taught/shown how to do which is what the dream shows.

IRL I would be totally fearful of doing it wrong & hurting the parent I'm counselling whereas the child in my dream was full of confidence. I do know that I have been a little worried about whether or not I would be able to do this. The good thing is, in the dream, I knew I wasn't hurting the person when pulling the teeth out.

Love the reassurance that I'm under the guidance of the Lord.

Not sure why I'm surprised at the state of the teeth but like you say "that's really the way that it is". I suppose I would need to know what the teeth represent.

You're an absolute star Mark, thank you for helping out with this!

Huge Blessings

Macleod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyonFire 217 on Sat May 25, 2013 8:12 am

Here's a thought that immediately came to me even before I finished reading the entire dream.
Proverbs 27:6 Faithful are the wounds of a friend.

Faithful [are] the wounds of a friend
That is, friendly reproofs; which, though they may be severe, at least thought so, and may grieve and wound, and cause pain and uneasiness for the present, yet, proceeding from a spirit of love, faithfulness, and integrity, and designed for the good of the person reproved, ought to be kindly received; see ( Psalms 141:5 ) ; ~John Gills Exposition of the Bible

No sensible Christian wants to cause pain in others in order to help them. But sometimes, it is necessary.

In the dream, while doing the job, you were scared and cringing (not totally trusting your Teacher). But you were also shown that you are capable of doing the job with boldness and confidence.

It is not easy to wound a friend in order to help them. But I just resign myself to the fact that this is what God wants me to do at any given time and I take a deep breath and go be obedient to the Spirits leading. God will be with you throughout the entire procedure, whatever He is instructing you to do.

Hope this will be helpful.

Love ya in Christ

LadyonFire 217

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Macleod on Sat May 25, 2013 8:44 am

LadyonFire that's wonderful, thank you so much!!

Again, this fits so well. There is currently a Christian women I am "counselling".

She's living in sin, her will, her desires not the Lords. She's totally aware of it and is not at peace with it. She's in despair about not being close to the Lord and comes to me in tears but she's not listening and yes I'm tiptoeing around her. I would love to just say it straight to her but don't want to hurt her. It's really exhausting and takes up a lot of time. Others have given up on her. I was told, if you give someone a gallon of gas, what they do with it is up to them but when that gallon is finished, you don't give them anymore. Not sure I can do that.

The Lord has shown me he wants to lay a solid foundation but she doesn't know Him, because of this, she's not allowing Him into her heart and also that her heart needs cleansing.

I wonder why I didn't see or sense who the person was?

Would you have any ideas on what the teeth mean?

Macleod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sat May 25, 2013 11:12 am

Macleod wrote:
Would you have any ideas on what the teeth mean?

I didn't want to jump the gun in my last post on what the teeth represent, since teeth can symbolize few different things.

I know that teeth have represented children in other's dreams. I can see the connection to your line of work, for sure.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Macleod on Sat May 25, 2013 3:30 pm

TheWhiteShadow wrote:
I know that teeth have represented children in other's dreams. I can see the connection to your line of work, for sure.

I had actually wondered if teeth were symbolic for words or people, it does make sense that they could represent children doesn't it.

Macleod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 4:24 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top