Jesus and the cross

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Jesus and the cross

Post by Macleod on Sat May 25, 2013 4:27 am

In my dream I looked up to the sky and among the clouds I saw the form of the cross. As I looked I saw something on the cross, then I saw more clearly and saw Jesus with his arms outstretched (as though to embrace or calling one to Himself) I then saw just his face/head, He was off the cross and moving across the sky - behind clouds.

I was now going into church, the service had just ended, I saw my pastor talking to a man who used to come to our church but no longer does. I was thinking about how good our church family was back then, before people started leaving. (IRL there is a possibility of people leaving our church due to fear, wrong information & perhaps those still young in faith or not knowing/trusting the Lord).

I go to sit in the back row, there are now only a few people in the church, my pastors wife is talking to someone, a young man with support needs approaches her, maybe one other person sitting to the side and then my pastor who is walking up the aisle towards me. I'm sitting with an A4 notebook, drawing what I had just seen in the clouds, I give my pastor a silly look because my drawing isn't really that good. I tell him there was a question I wanted to ask him, but couldn't remember what the question was, he replies that he wouldn't have answered/been able to answer anyway.

I continue with my drawing in detail. I've drawn a foot rather quickly, without trying and it came out really well but when I focused and tried to draw it again, it didn't come out as well. I was then tracing around the actual body, around the ankle bone. I then saw that the body was the wrong way around so I went to untie the knot on the rope around one of the limbs (?) so I could turn the body the right way. The body was small / the size of my A4 drawing. I then heard and saw at the same time, Blood flows down the limbs (it was simply to draw my attention to it) and I saw blood running down the leg.

My thoughts....
Not sure if this dream is for me or our church? I'm trying to look at the significance of the feet, the reference to tracing the ankle Or is it the body of Christ/the members/giftings in the church that make up the body. Blood could be cleansing, or power, or that Jesus shed His blood?
*Side note: I fully believe with all my heart that Jesus is alive, He's not dead. He's not still on the cross, He is risen!

I read this earlier this morning while looking for something else......

1 Corinthians 12:12-20
Unity and Diversity in the Body
12 Just as a body, though one, has many parts, but all its many parts form one body, so it is with Christ. 13 For we were all baptized by[a] one Spirit so as to form one body—whether Jews or Gentiles, slave or free—and we were all given the one Spirit to drink. 14 Even so the body is not made up of one part but of many.

15 Now if the foot should say, “Because I am not a hand, I do not belong to the body,” it would not for that reason stop being part of the body. 16 And if the ear should say, “Because I am not an eye, I do not belong to the body,” it would not for that reason stop being part of the body. 17 If the whole body were an eye, where would the sense of hearing be? If the whole body were an ear, where would the sense of smell be? 18 But in fact God has placed the parts in the body, every one of them, just as he wanted them to be. 19 If they were all one part, where would the body be? 20 As it is, there are many parts, but one body.

So I went back and read these verses below just before the bit on the Unity of the Body. To put this in perspective, I've been wondering if I've been baptized by the Holy Spirit because I heard a prophet on T.V say that the proof of this is speaking in tongues....I don't/can't. I started to wonder why, am I not baptized, yet it is pretty obvious by sight and sound (the voice of my prayers totally change, body muscles do their own thing..kind of embarrassing so I hide in the back where not many will see).Ooh is this why, in my dream, I'm sitting in the back row?
1 Corinthians 12:4-11
Concerning Spiritual Gifts

4 There are different kinds of gifts, but the same Spirit distributes them. 5 There are different kinds of service, but the same Lord. 6 There are different kinds of working, but in all of them and in everyone it is the same God at work.

7 Now to each one the manifestation of the Spirit is given for the common good. 8 To one there is given through the Spirit a message of wisdom, to another a message of knowledge by means of the same Spirit, 9 to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by that one Spirit, 10 to another miraculous powers, to another prophecy, to another distinguishing between spirits, to another speaking in different kinds of tongues,[a] and to still another the interpretation of tongues.[b] 11 All these are the work of one and the same Spirit, and he distributes them to each one, just as he determines.

I'm getting revelation as I'm writing out the dream....might not need to send it after all...ok one question answered - I simply do not have the gift of tongues? hee hee

Can anyone help me understand the cross in my dream, the detail of foot, tracing the ankle and the blood?

Last edited by Macleod on Sat May 25, 2013 6:50 am; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top