Dream: Potential Mate?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dream: Potential Mate?

Post by ladyleo25 on Mon May 20, 2013 11:37 am

I'm very eager to get married, so whenever I meet a gentleman that I feel interested in I always pray and ask God for guidance throughout the duration of the acquaintance/friendship. About two years ago I met a guy through my current job. I found him immediately attractive, articulate and full of purpose. We were always very cordial and professional. Before we decided to become acquainted outside of work, (which was 6 months ago), I had the following dream:
I was laying on a bench in an open area, hanging/covering my feet was my guy friend's uniform work jacket. He came over to where I was laying and was trying to wake me up. Although I really was awake, I pretended that I wasnt. He eventually stopped trying and walked down the block to the corner, where he stood and watched me. I "woke up" and then moved to another spot. He came back afterwards, almost walking past me, when he realized I was there he invited me to his home.

During the six months, I also had 3 separate dreams about my guy friend dating and falling in love with 3 different friends of mine. I interpreted this a him discovering 3 traits about me that he liked the most.

I also remember having a dream where he told me that he loved me, and I remember in the dream not feeling excited after he said it, and not believing that he really did.

Lastly, I dreamt I was in the hallway of my childhood home, but when i exited the house, the front was a different house. As I began to walk down the steps, a man pointed out and warned me about a live wire that was near the steps and I stopped. Then the dream skipped to the next scene where I was now sitting extremely close to the live wire. While i was sitting there, i remembered thinking I was going to ask my neighbor if I could go through their house to exit that way I could avoid the wire.

I try very hard to interpret and understand my own dreams, but i have to admit sometimes it makes me nervous. I really want God's guidance, not just in my romantic affairs but with everything. And I feel like my success rate right now is about 30%. :(
I haven't been feeling that things have been going so well with me and my guy friend and it led us to have a falling out. Although I'd love to try and work it out, I'm torn about extending the olive branch and trying to continue. I've had more dreams regarding me & him than just what I've mentioned here but I think these would give the most insight. I know they may seem self explanatory, but like I said, I'm still working on understanding. I've been wrong on simple things before. Thanks.

ladyleo25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dream: Potential Mate?

Post by Cholette on Mon May 20, 2013 2:19 pm

In your first dream...the "pretending to be sleep" stood out to me because the guy was trying to "cover" you. Is this partly the reason why the two of you had a falling out? Are you not being real about your feelings for him?

In the second dream the scripture that comes to mind is

No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it. (1 Cor 10:13)

I'm not sure how this ties in to your first...or if it does, but I wanted to share the scripture that I heard while reading th second dream.

Blessings and WELCOME TO THE SITE!!

Do not fight FOR victory, but fight FROM THE PLACE of victory. Jesus has ALREADY won the battle!

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ladyleo25 on Mon May 20, 2013 6:13 pm

Cholette,
Thank you so much for responding.
Yes, there is something that I've been witholding from him. Because im embarrassed by it and for fear of rejection, i havent told him. I've been hoping, praying, and fasting that God would resolve it so that I wouldn't have to reveal it. Our falling out is kinda indirectly related to my secret. :(
As far as the second dream, if that is the scripture the Holy Spirit laid on your heart, then I'm sure it is referring to the increase in sexual tension in our relationship.

ladyleo25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 9:59 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top