Time Together With An Ex

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Time Together With An Ex

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Mon May 20, 2013 8:08 am

In this dream, I was at an ex's parents' place. I was sitting with her on the couch, and I felt really happy to be with her, again. We were having a conversation about why we broke up way back when. I explained how I felt at that time about the pressures of marriage that were partly caused by our friends getting married. Then, I said to her that she's still married (she is in real life)...but that wasn't really focused on or confirmed in the dream.

The day was Saturday (still in the dream). She had to work at a former retail job that we worked at, together, when we were in high school. At this point, I began to feel a little bummed because I knew that our brief time together was going to come to an end. This felt like a small window of opportunity or something - like, once she left for work, there really wasn't going to be another chance to meet after that. This was it. Now, while she had to work, I knew that I had the day off. I thought that I might get another chance to see her if I stopped by the store while she was on lunch break. Then, I checked the time - it was 5:00. She had to start at 6. Since she'd be working 6-10, she wouldn't get a lunch break. Now it really felt like time was running out, and I was even more unhappy.

I'm certain that this isn't about that literal woman.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Time Together With An Ex

Post by silentqueen on Mon May 20, 2013 6:01 pm

TheWhiteShadow wrote: I'm certain that this isn't about that literal woman.

Mark... lol!

We were having a conversation about why we broke up way back when. I explained how I felt at that time about the pressures of marriage that were partly caused by our friends getting married. Then, I said to her that she's still married (she is in real life)..."

This is not an interpretation but a question if you don't mind.

Do you have a desire to be married now?

God Bless,

Marla

silentqueen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Mon May 20, 2013 9:33 pm

That's a tricky question, Marla!

I do and I don't. I believe that I'd like to be married, and I'd like to be before I'm too much older. But, I don't want to be married if that's what God desires. That's not meant to be a super-spiritual statement, either. I've often asked God about it, and I'm not sure what His take is. But, when I have asked Him, I've also asked that...if He wants me to remain single, that He would keep me occupied so that I don't go longing for what I don't have.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Macleod on Tue May 21, 2013 1:19 am

Hi Mark
You know I can't interpret, these are just thoughts, so forgive me if I'm totally way-off, but there is the sense that you're worried about time running out and just wanted to know if the time in your dreams mean anything to you. I ask because for me 5 o'clock is May and therefore 6-10 is June through to October. Could this month of May be the "This is it" moment because you fear you're not going to get a chance between June and October??

Maybe an opportunity/union (that would've been life changing-as marriage is) that was available to you in the past but you felt under pressure but now you have "this small window of opportunity" which you fear you may not have again? "This is it"!

This may not necessarily be a romantic relationship/union but maybe do with a partnering opportunity at work or a place you worked at before?

Just thoughts, hope I don't confuse you. Please put it out your mind if it doesn't fit.

Macleod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by silentqueen on Tue May 21, 2013 5:28 am

Mark,

You in no way sounded super-spiritual, but honest in your desire to please God and to remain single if that what God wants for you. I was in prayer last night about some friends who are married. Guess what scriptures Holy Spirit had me to confess over these marriages and I now believe this same word is for you because of what's deep down on the inside of you?

Here it is and I am going to say it in prayer the way I was instructed to last night....

The Lotd God said, "It is not good that Mark should be alone, I will make him a helper comparable to him." Gen 2:18

Mark shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and they shall become one flesh. Gem 2:24

Be blessed today Mark and continue to delight yourself in The Lord and he will give you the desire of your heart.

Do you sometimes feel like you missed out because you didn't marry her and as the other poster said, "You missed your opportunity?

For some reason, I'm hearing these words "I am able to restore."

Does this mean anything to you?

Marla

silentqueen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Tue May 21, 2013 5:31 am

Sooooo, if this dream isn't about this literal woman, who could it be? Is there someone you have your eye on from a distance? Your emotions in the dream..."excited" in the beginning..."bummed" later...are key emotions in this dream.

Just for the record...you ARE meant to be married. When a person isn't, they usually know without asking. It's a desire...a heavy desire to remain unmarried and you don't have that. I'm just sayin... laugh

Do not fight FOR victory, but fight FROM THE PLACE of victory. Jesus has ALREADY won the battle!

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Tue May 21, 2013 5:32 am

Marla, you and I were posting at the same time. lol!

Do not fight FOR victory, but fight FROM THE PLACE of victory. Jesus has ALREADY won the battle!

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Tue May 21, 2013 7:49 am

Thank you, everyone, for what you've shared on this topic!

Macleod wrote:just wanted to know if the time in your dreams mean anything to you. I ask because for me 5 o'clock is May and therefore 6-10 is June through to October. Could this month of May be the "This is it" moment because you fear you're not going to get a chance between June and October?

Thanks, Macleod - You shared some interesting thoughts on Times in dreams that I'd never considered. I can't say if the times represent months, but it sure is interesting that we're in May and it was 5:00 in the dream. When I thought about her going to work within the dream, I originally thought her shift was going to be 2:00-10:00...but, then I found that it was actually 6-10. The disappointment came from the thought that I'd get to meet her on her lunch break...but, now that her shift was 4 hours, she wouldn't get that.

In real life, 2-10 is my normal or core shift on any work day. In the dream, I knew that I was off that Saturday. I also want to say that, within the dream, it felt like it was this coming Saturday in real life. Hmmmm...

I do feel like I'm in a small window of opportunity, age-wise.

silentqueen wrote:Do you sometimes feel like you missed out because you didn't marry her and as the other poster said, "You missed your opportunity?

For some reason, I'm hearing these words "I am able to restore."

Thank you, Marla, for your prayers over this area of my life! When I read those Genesis scriptures, they really resonated with me.

For the longest time, I did feel like I missed out because I didn't marry her - and "allowed" someone else to do so. One of the greatest struggles that I've had to go through was the idea that I missed "The One." Now that time has passed and we've both grown into different people, it's easier to say that I didn't make the wrong decision...although I really don't know if that's true.

Thank you for the last word - "I am able to restore." Of course, I'd never want for that woman since she's married and all. I know that it's restoration of an opportunity.

Cholette wrote:Just for the record...you ARE meant to be married. When a person isn't, they usually know without asking. It's a desire...a heavy desire to remain unmarried and you don't have that.

Thank you, Cholette! NO ONE has ever spelled this out to me before! I can't tell you what it means to read that...

As far as who this could be about - there's no one that I know of! That's still a mystery to me. :)

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by silentqueen on Tue May 21, 2013 8:43 am

Cholette

I just love the Holy Spirit...amen and blessed be the name of The Lord.

Marla

silentqueen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Macleod on Sat May 25, 2013 2:06 am

Hi Mark,
Did you and your ex go to the same church together?

Macleod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sat May 25, 2013 5:36 am

Yes. It was my first and only church. Her parents were also the pastors.
I also was not a Christian when we first began to date. God used her father to lead me to Christ during a one-on-one Bible study that we'd have each week.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 4:48 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top