i have retainers in my mouth

View previous topic View next topic Go down

i have retainers in my mouth

Post by SisterinChrist on Sun May 12, 2013 8:02 pm

i had retainers in my teeth or mouth... IRL i had braces back in H.S. many many yrs ago.. so in drm i know that i dnt need braces..but i guess i wanted to fix my teeth again so im wearing retainers... they are sooo tight & a bit painful..

(retainers are whats used after u get ur braces off, to help keep teeth in place so they wont move again)

i go into a store and see my old best friend (IRL we havent talked in a bit, some issue) i tell her i have these retainers on.. agh.. & she say's oh look i have braces on!! she opens her mouth and shows me but strange part... she only has on top teeth, & they can move from top to bottom Also it has a strange thing on it sticking out

SisterinChrist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: i have retainers in my mouth

Post by Deborah on Sun May 12, 2013 9:11 pm

I know what dental retainers are, but if you look up the word "retain " it means to hold back so a retainer could technically hold more than teeth back. I've had occasions in my life where the Holy Spirit held me back from speaking to keep me safe. (I documented one example in my "How God protected me from a creep" post.) It's not easy holding back sometimes--which might be why your retainer was tight and painful. So your dream might be talking about a time coming up where you're going to have to stay quiet. Your friend who has braces also might need to straighten up her speech. These are my late-night thoughts :-)

Deborah
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Mon May 13, 2013 12:09 am

sum gud points ther,

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterinChrist on Mon May 13, 2013 6:12 am

Thanks deb ... That's insightful!
We haven't been in too much touch lately... She moved to anothr state after marriage & when she said she wud contact me she didn't... She might be thinking I'm ignoring her as well..

Her braces were interesting she moved them so easily from top to bottom.

SisterinChrist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Mon May 13, 2013 8:20 am

I LOVE the thoughts above, but also wanted to add two cents as well. When I think of retainers, I think of a re-allignment. I know some are used after braces to hold in place, but some are also used before to make room for new teeth coming in. Sometimes when God realigns things in our lives or makes room for other things, its not comfortable at first, but the end result is worth it. Hope this encourages you. Please toss if its not a fit.

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterinChrist on Mon May 13, 2013 8:57 am

hi Daisy...thanks for helping!
ah nice, didnt think of that, although in the dream i knew it was for after the braces... do u think it would still mean the same?

SisterinChrist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by silentqueen on Mon May 13, 2013 10:10 pm

Hi Sister in Christ,

I wanted to make sure that I understand correctly before saying anything....

You had on a very painful retainer but she had on braces and they were moveable,correct?

If I've understood correctly, in reality it's backwards. The braces are the most painful part and unmoveable. They are actually tightened periodically to pull the teeth into alignment. The retainer doesn't hurt, right? They only keep or hold the position so the teeth don't shift?

You and she are out of touch but were best friends, correct?

What is that thing that holds your relationship together, that thing you both have in common, that has sustained or kept you best friends no matter what? Whatever it is could be your proverbial retainer.

Not an interpretation. Just my thoughts

God bless
Marla

silentqueen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by silentqueen on Tue May 14, 2013 5:12 am

I woke up this morning and these words came to my spirit. "God is able to keep that which we commit to Him?"

silentqueen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterinChrist on Tue May 14, 2013 10:33 am

hi SilentQ, thanks for helping! That's such a good point, i totally forgot the retainers aren't in reality suppose to hurt (unless u didnt use for a long time, & then used them again) that was the case for me, i think in the dream,,,, i didnt use the retainers since i had braces (back like 10-15 yrs ago) so in the drm if i recall correctly that was the case....

however, u r correct... its not suppose to be so painful! its like as if it was re-aligning my teeth...unlike her braces which in reality should be more painful.. but werent...

Last edited by SisterinChrist on Tue May 14, 2013 10:35 am; edited 1 time in total

SisterinChrist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterinChrist on Tue May 14, 2013 10:35 am

silentqueen wrote:I woke up this morning and these words came to my spirit. "God is able to keep that which we commit to Him?"

wow...do u think Gods telling me to surrender this area to Him.. Lately i had been thinking about her, which is why i think i had the drm, but at the same time, i felt like i should surrender to God.

SisterinChrist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deborah on Tue May 14, 2013 9:09 pm

I still think this has to do with the words coming out of your mouth in this season. I know when life puts the squeeze to us (attacks to our jobs, bodies, relationships, etc) it's especially important to be careful the words out of our mouths aren't death but instead life words. Proverbs says life and death are in the power of the tongue, afterall.
Apparently since in this dream you have a retainer but your friend has braces, she needs more tweaking in this area than you do. I remember when I was a young girl I picked up a wrong way of saying the "sh" sound. A speech therapist had to show me how to place my tongue just so on my teeth to make the correct sound. Those braces may be moving about because your friend needs to change her sound, so to speak.
I would very much encourage you to speak out God's favor over your life. I used to think it was a kind of silly exercise, but I do it now and I see favor wherever I go. I feel so overwhelmed and grateful for that favor because it moves mountains and creates a way where there seems to be no way.

Deborah
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by silentqueen on Tue May 14, 2013 10:27 pm

Hi Sister,

I will be in prayer for you. God is faithful and I know He will work this out for you. As Deborah said speak life into the situation and speak well of your friend in prayer. The very thing which may keep your friendship is surrendering it to God.

You mentioned an issue between you. Was that issue caused by something someone said? If so, who is the more injured party? If its you then that retainer can take on a whole new meaning. If this is it, I'm going to agree with Deborah. If so, it will explain why those words came to my spirit, too.

Marla

silentqueen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterinChrist on Wed May 15, 2013 8:14 am

thanks SQ & Deb, both of you are right on i think.... I do need prayers to control what i say.. the other day, i blew up on my mom :( i felt so bad afterwards.... i tried to control myself but things were just adding up.
agh... hated myself for it....I prayed a lot for forgiveness & repentance. Not that i said anything bad to her... its the way i yelled @ her b/c she kept speaking over me...
we were fine afterwads... but i felt bad.

SQ - the issue i had w/the old friend is that when i was out of a job & she would come visit she always picked expensive restaurants$(her husband is a dr..surgent) .. it was bunch of us friends that wud get together. i wouldn't go for obvious resaons, but for some reason she didnt get that i was single & unemployed... so i can't afford those places.

SisterinChrist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deborah on Wed May 15, 2013 10:31 am

I know how it can be; mothers expecially have a way of pushing our buttons--the important thing is we brush these things off, learn as best we can from them and move on. I like this quote:
"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed. Michael Jordan

Deborah
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 10:34 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top