THE GREAT MOUSE WAR

View previous topic View next topic Go down

THE GREAT MOUSE WAR

Post by writer4him on Sun May 12, 2013 6:21 am

Hello Everyone!

Just woke up from a very vivid dream and it has been a while since I awakened with such clear recall:

I was home alone one night which felt unusual in the dream because I have four teenagers and they are usually home after sundown. We had known that there was a little mouse in our home but for some reason no one had attempted to trap or kill it. Well, I walked into the kitchen and there it was scurrying across the floor only now it was more than twice the size of a common mouse. I had a sudden and overwhelming urge to get rid of it because it posed a danger to my family. So, I grabbed a broom and started chasing it but it actually charged at me! (Another mouse?!) ran out from under the refrigerator to join the battle. The large mouse retreated to a corner after I whacked it with the broom while the second rodent ran in circles around my feet. I managed to knock it sideways and it lay there looking stunned. I then turned to find the large mouse lying wounded near a wall and saw five or six smaller mice coming out of the large one--like it was giving birth--but they were adult-sized. They headed in my direction and I went all out with the broom. In the end, there were 8-10 dead or dying mice (including the large one) lying broken and bleeding on the kitchen floor (GROSS!). I was sweaty and felt exhausted but triumphant as I went about the task of clearing the carnage from the kitchen and sanitizing everything.

writer4him

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: THE GREAT MOUSE WAR

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Wed May 15, 2013 7:56 am

writer4him wrote: We had known that there was a little mouse in our home but for some reason no one had attempted to trap or kill it.

Hello, Writer -

Does anything in your life stand out to you that fits this line, here? Something that's gone unaddressed for a time?

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by writer4him on Wed May 15, 2013 8:22 pm

Actually, yes Shadow. Really not sure how to approach the situation in a Godly way so, I haven't taken a stand yet. Praying for wisdom and strength + courage as my dream indicates that a confrontation is coming. Would appreciate prayers please.

writer4him

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Wed May 15, 2013 9:16 pm

You betcha. Praying for wisdom for you!

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by writer4him on Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:00 am

Okay, now I think this dream is linked to the 'man stealing coins' dream that came later.  I believe that God is counseling me through these dreams...

writer4him

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by writer4him on Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:09 pm

"Mice are devourers - they seek food and shelter, are destructive in their pursuit of them, and devour them until they’re completely consumed. So symbolically that's what they're representing in your dream, a destructive force that has taken root in your home, particularly in the plans for your family."  "The kitchen is a place of preparation, where things are planned/prepared so their being in your kitchen suggests that they're trying to destroy things being prepared for your family. "

I lifted this quote from another person's dream post because of the strong physical reaction I experienced as I read it earlier today.  It was like being punched in the gut.  I knew the mice were significant in my dream and have been praying about that and the importance of the battlefield location-the kitchen.  Based on what is currently going on with our family, I can see that the first mouse represented something I had allowed to coexist when under normal circumstances I would have gotten rid of it immediately.  This actually irritated me during the dream--I didn't really want the mouse living in our home and was frustrated by my seeming indifference/apathy about the nasty little thing. (cute but nasty) I remember thinking that the problem would resolve itself somehow.
It took me seeing the mouse in the kitchen (irl I'm a stickler for kitchen cleanliness) to finally take action. However, hidden within the one mouse were other mice.  I've recently taken stock of our situation and seen how not taking a stand early on has compounded the problem and ending the situation will take a lot more effort/warfare.  Thank God I will be victorious in the end!  Thank God for forgiving my timidity and giving me courage through this dream to confront the "mouse" that threatens the plans/preparations that are being made for our family.  
I have confronted the mouse and won't be put off when the others come out.
Thank you for this site and the biblical wisdom so freely given here.  God bless.

writer4him

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 10:51 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top