Chubby baby; dictator-like man

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Chubby baby; dictator-like man

Post by Shan on Sun May 12, 2013 1:00 am

I can only remember bits of this dream, but will report on the things that stood out to me.

I was in a third-world country somewhere in Asia (I think maybe Cambodia) and was a part of a team of missionaries that was going to help a Christian organization perform some of their daily duties. The people that we were helping were natives of the land. I was assigned to help in a daycare. It was very regimented and wasn't really open to the public. It was like the daycare workers were keeping the children of parents who worked for this Christian organization. I was told to help with one particular baby. Now, this baby was FAT! It was only a few months old and probably weighed over 20 lbs. I just remember it was sooo heavy! I had a hard time holding it because its developmental stage wasn't to the point where it could hold it's head or back up on its own. It was a very sweet baby though. I was asked to fix a bottle for it, but the lady told me I had to hold the baby for 1 hour before feeding it. When I fixed the bottle, I was told the bottle had to sit there for 30 minutes before feeding it to the baby. I was thinking, "This baby is so fat that it doesn't look like it needs to be fed for days!" I was surprised that in this third world country, that a baby could be fed so well since most of the workers for the organization still weren't paid too much more than the rest of society . I was concerned that I would make a mistake with this baby, because the instructions I was given didn't really make sense to me (the holding of the baby for one hour and letting the bottle sit for 30 minutes.) I tried my best though.

The next scene I remember our missionary team was spending its final hours there and we were attending a formal event at some leader's fancy mansion. This was a bad man and was sort of dictator-like, even though he wasn't the main one in office. He had some women there that would perform "duties" for him and they really didn't have a choice in the matter, but had to act like they were obedient and reverent if they wanted their families to be somewhat well-off and privileged. This man did not understand our Christian ways, nor did he care. I thought as a team we should have explained our beliefs, but no one did. I did stand up to this man and I told him I didn't like his practices and he could not expect respect from me. It was as if because I was a woman, I was to consider myself less than him. It was risky for me to do this, because he had the power to keep me in the country if he chose to do so. I could tell he was seething on the inside and that he was using some form of self-control by not ordering me around. I knew though at the end of the dream, that I ended up being okay.

Shan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chubby baby; dictator-like man

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Wed May 15, 2013 8:08 am

Shan wrote: I was concerned that I would make a mistake with this baby, because the instructions I was given didn't really make sense to me (the holding of the baby for one hour and letting the bottle sit for 30 minutes.) I tried my best though.

Hi, Shan -

This line stood out to me as a key to knowing when this dream manifests. Have you already felt like you did in this part of the dream, or is it yet to come?

For the rest of that part of the dream - do you have any plans to help in a Christian event that may be a bit foreign to you? I say "foreign" because of the setting of the dream, but not in a literal way. Perhaps something outside your regular church?

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shan on Wed May 15, 2013 8:12 pm

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your thoughts on the baby. I have not felt that way lately. I did meet a guy in the bank yesterday who was telling me that his wife got a job as a teacher at a church and that the daycare part of the church offered to keep their four month old for free, so I thought hmmm...does this have any relevance to my dream? Nothing stands out to me about anything having already happened, but could be futuristic as you said.

I don't have any plans at this point to do anything outside of my church, but it is not unusual for me at all to dream about being a part of a mission team in a third-world country. I'm seeking the Lord about this aspect of my dreaming.

Thank you!

Shan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by silentqueen on Thu May 16, 2013 5:28 am

Hi Shan,

This baby was only a few months old, but already 20 lbs. However, this baby was still not able to hold his head up. Specific feeding and care instructions.....

Oversized infant....possibly new ministry/responsibility that is large requiring a great deal of time and care. It seems like whatever it is, it grows so quickly beyond what is considered normal -exponential growth (Fat Baby). Since the growth is beyond what it should be for the stage there is a need for these specific instructions. Hold and feed.....nurture and nourish it. While it is growing at an incredible rate, it's not ready to be left to function on its own. It's still required that you hold the baby and support his head or because there is an area which still needs developing. The head - leadership needs to be strengthened? Or perhaps, more wisdom and knowledge?

Does this sound right?

God bless

Marla

Last edited by silentqueen on Thu May 16, 2013 7:34 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I can't see the words on my iphone.)

silentqueen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by silentqueen on Thu May 16, 2013 10:49 am

Something else,

"It was a very sweet baby though." Whatever this part is sounds like a labor of love.

Make the bottle. Hold the baby for 1 hour. Let the bottle sit for 30 minues then feed the baby.....3 things I think one is preparation and last one is patience. Not sure what the one on the middle in.....

Toss what doesn't fit

silentqueen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shan on Thu May 16, 2013 10:20 pm

Hi silent,

You've made some good points. I thought about nurturing first and then nourish as well. Don't know what this means for me unless it is for some sort of ministry like you said.

Thanks a bunch!

Shan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 3:35 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top