Sent Out To Check On Some Neighbors

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sent Out To Check On Some Neighbors

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Fri May 10, 2013 6:00 am

In last night's dream, I was playing a video game. It seemed that I was at my parents' house. My stepdad came to me and wanted me to check on the neighbors that were across the backyard. Now, at this point, the setting half-felt like it was at my own house - the two places seemed blended, somehow, if that makes sense. Anyway, he wanted me to make sure that everything was ok with them. This has to be symbolic for the Lord, because it's just not who my stepdad is, nor is the situation something he'd literally have me do.

I left the house and began to head across the backyard to the neighbors' house. It was night, making things a bit tough to see clearly. On the way, I thought to myself about how I would be able to get inside the house if no one was there or if something was actually wrong. I wasn't too worried about it, though, because it felt like I'd find a key hidden outside once I got there - if I needed it. I reached a fence where the two properties met and thought about what I'd have to face as I continued. I knew that the neighbors had two dogs (this fits nothing in real life) and that I'd have to take authority over them to press through without incident. I went to open a gate in the center of the fence, and on my side of the fence was a mop in a rollable bucket. As I opened the gate, I saw one of the dogs. I took the mop/bucket combo and maneuvered it between me and the first dog - I also showed no fear. This dog was instantly submissive and caused no trouble. I went on without the mop once I saw that there would be no problem with this dog.

I continued on up to the house, now expecting the 2nd dog. I knew that this dog was going to be more unruly than the first one, but I was pleased to find that it was in a kennel. Still, I proceeded confidently, showing no fear, because I didn't want the dog to seize an opportunity to start barking. The dog saw me, but I addressed it and then ignored it, and the dog never got worked up.

I reached the house and had no problems entering. The place was quiet and the lights were on, but dimmed down. I passed through the kitchen and found the owners - a married couple - were in the living room. Actually, it was the husband that I noticed, first. He actually reminded me of the son of my real-life elderly neighbor. Since they were home, I didn't want to startle anyone, so I knocked on the door frame of an open door just so that I wouldn't surprise them. The man was working on some wiring of electronics. He had his TV and other things on, but he was still messing with some cords and a multi-plug outlet. I was really meek in my conversation with him, stating that I was only checking to make sure everything was ok over here. To my surprise, he had a video game on his TV screen. It was the same one that I had been playing! I was amazed at this, and I may have said something to him about it. I felt as though I was more familiar than he with this game, but I didn't act that way or give away any of the surprises of the game. At this point, his wife showed up. Still speaking rather meekly, I told her why I was there. Since everything was in order, though, I went ahead and left. As I passed back through the kitchen, I came across at least one (if not two or three) of their teenage children. The one child that stood out to me said something about me - he didn't understand why I was speaking as I was, since he knew that I was a bit more bold than that.

I left the house and headed back to my parents'. Once in their yard, I felt that I should waste no time in getting back inside their house. I felt an evil presence outside in the direction that I had come from, although it wasn't inside that house or related to that family.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sent Out To Check On Some Neighbors

Post by rosebush on Sun May 12, 2013 7:27 am

This isn't an interpretation, but just some thoughts.

Wondering if your dream is about a principality and power -- relating to fear, specifically fear of man.

Neighbors in my dreams often speak of good Samaritans. This kind of fear will definitely keep you from freely and fully acting as good Samaritans to those around us.

I'm wondering what place seemed blended with your own house -- the neighbors or the step dads?

I do think what you find in the neighbor's house may be symbolic picture of your own issue. Looks like the dream's key is that whatever you have need of will be there for you. All your fears are laid to rest and God meets you at every turn.

It can be uncomfortable to speak to people about things we may have a better handle on as we want to let them figure it out for themselves, not spoil the 'game.' Seems you are pretty good at giving people their needed space. The man is fixing wire connections -- lines of communication/power. Seems like a go ahead to walk in the boldness you have been given.

Overall the dream seems about personal boundary issues.

Many blessings!
Rose

rosebush

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sun May 12, 2013 8:03 am

Thanks a lot, Rose!

What you said about Samaritans is confirmation for me. I thought abou this dream a lot yesterday, and the phrase, "And who is my neighbor?" from the story of the Good Samaritan kept coming to mind.

The blending of the two houses - it was more like a cross between our back yards. Meaning, it felt like it was my own backyard, but it also felt (and looked) like my parents' yard. The neighbor's house appeared closer to their real life neighbor's than my neighbor's.

Once inside the house, though, the man that I interacted with reminded me a lot of the son of my 90-year-old neighbor in real life.

Honestly, I've been thinking that this dream may be about something related to that neighbor. Her son (the man in the dream) take care of mowing her yard. He's hurt his back, and she was talking to me about what she was going to do to keep her yard cut. In the conversation, I offered to do it when I had the time - which she accepted. So, it could be about that...but I'm also tossing around some other thoughts because of the two dogs portion. I'm going to wait a bit more before I go into detail about that since I'm not sure about it.

Anyway, thanks much for what you shared, Rose! :)

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 9:27 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top