Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jasmine

How to die to your flesh?

When something is dead, it's non responsive...it can't be awakened. What God is saying is that he made it to where we are non responsive to the calls of our flesh. We should be so dead to it that when it screams we won't be awakened to it.

Does this make sense?

My strengthening your spirit man through the word of God. We feed our flesh everyday thru giving into temptations. By doing that, we are feeding our flesh and it gets stronger and stronger and stronger. While we are doing that, we are not feeding on the word of God. So we are starving our spiritual man and it gets weaker and weaker and weaker.

Whatever you feed will get stronger. Get the strength you need by reading/studying the Bible.

Thx. Finally some clarity! I've been so hidden in the dark about this.

Thx but I have another question. How must I dismantle my own glory so God can show me his glory? Ive been reading a book and it say that I have to pursue God like crazy die to my flesh and dismantle me glory like the lady with the alabaster box.

Dismantling your own glory is like taking off your clothes. You get rid of your ideas of how your life should be and stand vulnerable and "naked" before him allowing him to do whatever he desires in your life.

Many times we make plans and do what comes to our minds and God never agreed to it. He will just let us move forward in it until we realize we can't go any further. It's best to put away everything we want to do and leave it to God to show us what HE wants us to do...that's HIS glory and not our own.

Thanks. Ever since I read that book i have been uncertain of Gods will for my lifr. I thought I was supposed to be a screenwriter. I have heard about how this new generation of teenagers will be servants of God. Some prophets have mentioned it. You know how it says in the bible that young men will have visions. I have felt in the past that God would bring that about through me. I'm only unsure of the screenwriting part. Help...

Well, you can be a screenwriter and be prophetic. For me, I'm called into a business world...as a prophet. I didn't know that until I became a part of the church I'm in now and my pastor helping me to discover that.

There are a few people in my church who are called into the entertainment arena as prophets. God NEEDS people who can be his mouthpiece to get the Word out into these areas. Why not be a screenwriter and prophesy through movies and plays?

Thc girl for helping me realize that. Can you help me with something else. I posted something titled I want my soul bound to Jesus.