Dad picked up the check

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dad picked up the check

Post by exo152 on Mon May 06, 2013 4:26 pm

I dreamed last night that a lot of my family members were gathered at a restaurant. It was a great time of being together, talking and eating. Afterward I wrote a check for $10. to cover my part and handed it to someone. But then someone brought it back and said "your Dad took care of it, he paid for everyone's" In my head I figured his check had to be around $100. Then I saw my dad walking out the door, stuffing his checkbook into his pocket. Any ideas? Thank you!

exo152

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dad picked up the check

Post by Deborah on Mon May 06, 2013 5:43 pm

Well, the first thing I thought of was how it's your heavenly Father who provides for you and your family...

Deborah
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by silentqueen on Mon May 06, 2013 8:07 pm

Hi exo152

Why did the tenth or tithe come to me? You wrote a check for $10 and you thought the entire check was $100.

silentqueen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by exo152 on Mon May 06, 2013 8:43 pm

Not sure, but I did notice those numbers. I know the $10. was my portion of the bill, but Dad paid the whole price and I was given the check I wrote back. I too wondered about the significance of the 10% I paid.

exo152

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Mon May 06, 2013 9:39 pm

What comes to mind is..."Jesus paid the price"...which is what he did for all of us who accepts Him as our Lord and Savior. Then I saw the $10 as the tithe of the $100 and found it interesting that it was given back to you with the explanation that your dad took care of it...hmmmm!

What were your first thoughts on this dream when you woke up Exo?

Do not fight FOR victory, but fight FROM THE PLACE of victory. Jesus has ALREADY won the battle!

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Mon May 06, 2013 11:51 pm

ok i do agree wiv ,,i wud add ,that perhaps ur dad is goin 2 bless ur whole family sumhow, and ur contribution isnt required, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, d,,afta the restrant, lol!

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by exo152 on Tue May 07, 2013 5:49 am

My feeling when I woke up was the same as I would feel after a family gathering like that.....just the warm, cozy, happy to be part of that bunch feel! The tithe part didn't even occur to me until it was mentioned here, and that got me thinking and praying. My husband and I have faithfully tithed for more than twenty-five years, up until the last eight months or so. His hours at work were cut ,which took a huge 35% chunk out of his take home pay. No excuses, just facts. When you have to choose to pay tithes or buy food for your children, it is a little harder to walk by faith than you realize. But we have both been grieved by the fact that we haven't been consistently paying our tithe.

exo152

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by silentqueen on Tue May 07, 2013 8:35 am

Exo152,

First, I owe you an apology. The Holy Spirit told me to say something more when I mentioned the tithe and I failed to do so. Please forgive me. Father God, please forgive me for not obeying you fully.

The Holy Spirit was showing you a picture of what happens when we do our part. The tithe is/was Godís way of teaching His children to put Him first. God must be first in every area of our lives. He does not need the money. The earth and its fullness are His.

Tithing also teaches us discipline. This is not a question for you to answer me but rather to ponder. How disciplined were you and your husband in other areas of your lives while you were tithing? I would venture a guess and say that things were in order. Since you stopped, have you noticed more things being out of order?

In the dream, when you paid the 10th the bill was taken care of for the entire family, correct? Is it possible that the Holy Spirit is saying that when you and your husband pay the tithe, He will return it to you by not only taking care of you but your entire family? He knows what a sacrifice it is for you right now.

Iíll be in prayer for you. You can do all things through Christ which strengthens you.

God Bless,

silentqueen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by exo152 on Tue May 07, 2013 10:39 am

Thank you all for sharing. I am so thankful for your obedience in answering and the things you have said. Silentqueen, you asked if things had been out of order for us and all I can say is YES!!. I have been seeking the Lord about the various of areas of our lives that have been seemingly disjointed or falling apart and asking God WHY?? I knew we hadn't been tithing, but had convinced myself that God understood, that we were victims of circumstances beyond our control. So God gives me a dream, and you all answered, even the hard answers and after I read them I heard in my spirit, "he who knows to do good and doesn't do it, to him it is sin". It kind of meshed with that scripture from Proverbs, "there is a way that seems right to a man but the end thereof is death".
I called my husband, we discussed, prayed and repented. Please keep us in your prayers. We may be eating a lot of peanut butter and jelly for a while!!

exo152

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by fineguywhosnice on Wed May 08, 2013 12:22 am

one other thing to note is the dinner represents a celebration of some sort!

fineguywhosnice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by exo152 on Sat May 11, 2013 2:58 pm

Thanks fineguywhosnice!! That is something to look forward to!!

exo152

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by exo152 on Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:56 pm

Just an update.....my husband and I have been tithing consistently since I had this dream and just a few weeks ago he was given a portion of his overtime hours back. Then the first of this week he was told he was being given MORE of his overtime hours back!! Then he was asked to preach at a couple of different churches and the love offerings they gave us was more than we have EVER received!! The windows of heaven are open!! Praise God!!

exo152

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by silentqueen on Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:47 pm

Amen! I am praising God with you for the victory.

Marla

silentqueen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 8:11 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top