A New (Old) Red Car

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A New (Old) Red Car

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Mon May 06, 2013 8:42 am

I was at a carwash that's fairly close to my house. I was washing off my new car (in the dream). On the exit side of the carwash was a coworker of mine with his truck parked off to the side. I finished up and pulled the car out of the bay. Then, I was standing outside the car, really looking it over. It had a newer, red paint job. The car, itself, was older...like from the 80's, maybe? It was on the small side, too. Also, not sporty. Inside, it had white seats - like vinyl. Again, they were clean and in really good condition considering the year of the car. Certainly not brand-new, though. Up to this point, I had felt pretty good about it all. However, I glanced at my coworker and reality began to set in. I still worked at the same place, and I had to make that drive each day - including during the winter months. Then, I realized that I no longer had my Jeep. When I thought about the snow and this car, I no longer felt like this was a positive thing. I thought about how foolish it was to be without my Jeep, considering I had bought it specifically because of my anxiety for driving in the snow. I woke up in a panic, even, until I realized it was just a dream.

At this time, I haven't made any decisions that would fit a change of cars.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A New (Old) Red Car

Post by Deborah on Mon May 06, 2013 5:51 pm

Do you think this is a wakeup call that you're hanging on to old habits, mindsets, etc. that served you well in the past, but it's time for an update? I know in my own life, I'm sensing a change in the kind of praying I do--not that my old style was wrong, per se, but God seems to have given me more authority in my prayers since I switched gears a little bit.

Deborah
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Mon May 06, 2013 9:38 pm

I realized today that this dream fits a literal, physical thing. However, thinking about the dream did make me self-evaluate...and the things that you said, Deborah, actually do fit who I am and where I'm at right now. I am definitely stuck in a rut, caught up in some old thinking, and it's not exactly doing me a whole lot of favors. So, I'm glad that you shared what you did, because it does relate to me.

I do want to share the literal application of the dream, though, just for the sake of others who may read this and wonder what it was about: The two cars in the dream are actually two desktop computers. Yeah, not very spiritual, I know. My own computer is out of commission after a recent power outage. It wasn't exactly the most up-to-date machine, but it was able to do what I needed it to do. This is the Jeep.

The other, older car that I was cleaning is my brother's computer. He gave it to me after mine died. His was at least 8 years old, but he bought it before he joined the Marines and it never got any use. Though it's old, it's in very good condition. The cleaning act in the dream is all the updating that it needed to go through since it hasn't been connected to the internet for years.

The feelings for the Jeep at the end of the dream are only just beginning to be felt in real life. I'm grateful to have this computer to use, but it cannot do all that mine could. I was considering not even bothering to look into getting mine repaired and just accepting what I've got...but, maybe I really should check into it.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 2:24 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum