Torn Towel

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Torn Towel

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sun May 05, 2013 8:40 am

In the dream, I was in my bathroom. Thing is, this bathroom (and the rest of the house, actually) was...better? The layout was the same, but everything about it was much better - like, newer or a little fancier - but not to the point where it wasn't the same.

Now while I was in the bathroom, I was also not wearing anything. It wasn't a major focus of my attention, but I was aware of it. What that did was it made me want to be left alone. However, I had a task to do, and I did want help with part of it.

Here's the task: I either had the tub full of water or I had the shower running - I don't really remember. In my hands was a hand-towel. I took the towel and got it soaking wet. This was to clean it - although, the act of cleaning it with soap or something wasn't a focus, either. I took the wet towel and folded it into thirds - this was to make sure that I would have three sections that were all the same size. After I had folded it and knew that they were the same size, I unfolded the wet towel and tore it where the folds had been, making three sections that were the same size. At this point, I wanted help from whoever the helper was. I took the towel(s), walked over to the top of the stairs, and threw them down to the ground level. The next person would take over, and I was no longer involved with this.

I should add that, when I awoke, I thought of instances in the Bible where tearing cloth represented tearing apart a kingdom...
The only area of my life that's divided into thirds is where I work (3 shifts). It could be about anything else, though.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Torn Towel

Post by Daisy on Sun May 05, 2013 9:20 am

Just some questions come to mind. I could be way off on these...

1)When you are at work, do you prefer to work solo/alone, yet still like some assistance from time to time...as long as it doesnt get into your routine or personal space???
2) Do you sometimes wish the three different shifts at work had equal work loads?? (I thought I remembered you saying something about the night vs. day shift difference in productivity long ago).

These are just some thoughts...and like I said could be way off...toss if it doesnt fit.

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sun May 05, 2013 9:29 am

Yeah, Daisy! That's just how work is and how I am. I do prefer to work solo (even though I'm leading the shift), although I will ask for help when I absolutely can't avoid it. I prefer to be the one who gives help, not the one who requires it.

As for the three shifts - yes, I sure do wish that the same standards were required of all. Unfortunately, that doesn't feel like the case. Not to brag, but the fact is that my shift is the high-performer, and the other two always lag behind. This wouldn't be an issue to me, but there's no recognition for performing so well...which leaves everyone saying, "What's the point?"

I wonder if things might change with me to where this won't be my issue any longer, though? But how...?

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Sun May 05, 2013 5:59 pm

Just a thought, but possibly suggesting to those above u ideas of positive reward system for the good performance of ur crew might help. It really wld boost moral if they put something in place, and it wld benifit the company by improving to motivating the other crews to try put more effort in..they will get more bang for their buck for encouraging work efficiency. Perhaps The Lord will use u to present something to the higher ups? Just a thought. Either way, God will reward ur faithfulness even if the boss' dont feel motivated to improve productivity.

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 11:41 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top