At a window, I watch dolphins swimming in the sea

View previous topic View next topic Go down

At a window, I watch dolphins swimming in the sea

Post by Macleod on Thu May 02, 2013 2:02 am

In my dream I was standing at a huge window, thereís a man on my right who I don't know or see. I think I have one knee on the bench at the window.

I'm looking out the window over the sea which is calm and a lovely sea green color, in fact, everything has a green tint to it and looks really beautiful. It's as though I'm looking at it in close range, zoomed in. I see dolphins swimming and say excitedly to the man on my right "look, a pod of dolphins".

I'm then seeing this as though I've zoomed out, I feel I'm seeing a bigger picture of what's happening and not purely focused on the dolphins. I see the whole area, it's like an ocean bay, there are rocks on one side. Below me, I see a group of school children run up to a railing on the edge of a platform/lookout. The boys run up to the railing & kneel down to watch the dolphins but don't seem bothered that their knees (school trousers) are in water (which mustíve been on the ground, I didnít see the water, just knew it was there).

As I'm looking at the dolphins swimming and diving, I notice one looks like an orca, it dives deep but seems to be the same size at the dolphins. I tell my pastor "Tommy" to come look.

I now notice the dolphins are moving differently, they're not diving or swimming in the water but seem to be moving over the surface of the water, as though they're sliding on their pectoral fins on the water. I then see women skating on the water, there is one whose clothing is rather revealing. Sheís wearing a white vest & shorts. I think her bra straps are cerise in color, much is revealed on the side of her vest - as though the vest was too small for her. It feels as though they are there with the dolphins, as though they are dancing together (I don't actually see them dancing I just have that sense that that's what they're doing, dancing together).
*In my woken state, I'm thinking of the dolphins "sliding" on the water - if you imagine putting a dolphin on ice, it's pectoral fins are on the ice (as though standing on them), with a little push, they'll slide over the ice, they're not in control so they might make a slow little turn/spin, this is what they looked like, except there was no ice.*

I was then looking at a woman who I felt I had seen before, she was beautiful, the group of girls on the water were with her, but different to her, I felt that she had a good reputation. I looked closely at this woman, she had blonde hair, I was aware she had no make-up on, her partner was behind her (her back nestled up against his chest) they looked very much alike and I felt as though they were sitting in a big/grand chair together. I then saw another picture of her, she had make-up on and looked beautiful. I compared her two images and felt she looked as beautiful with no make-up on, she had such a lovely smile.

I am praying for revelation but would truly appreciate any thoughts just to see if I'm looking at this properly.

Much love and blessings!

Last edited by Macleod on Fri May 03, 2013 4:05 am; edited 1 time in total

Macleod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: At a window, I watch dolphins swimming in the sea

Post by encourager on Thu May 02, 2013 6:01 pm

Hello! Questions: Do you have issues with the way you believe people perceive you & the way you look at yourself? Are you truly confident in who you are? Do you often look at situations like "It is what it is" & there is nothing that can be done about it?

encourager

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Macleod on Fri May 03, 2013 3:57 am

Hi encourager, thank you so much for your response.

Ooh no, I never look at situations like "it is what it is". I probably used to but not anymore. I have a strong faith in the love and power of God, He's bigger than anything and I know I can go to Him with even the smallest things.

Am I confident in who I am? Not sure? I tend to look at myself as a work in progress, many flaws and room for much improvement but I can see that God is doing a work in me.

Do I have issues with the way people perceive me? Yeah, I think I do. Well, not so much an issue per se, more an awareness. I wouldn't like it if people thought I was something I'm not, be it positive or negative. I'm shy about being filmed or having my photo taken (unless with my family) and I'll never leave the house without make-up. It's weird though, by the end of a day working outside, my eye make-up will have teared away, lipstick gone after the first cup of coffee, and every skin flaw now visible, yet, I'll go into a shop without feeling embarrassed because psychologically, I put make-up on in the morning.

Thinking about the ocean, the dolphins, me telling my pastor to come look, the group of women skating, the sense of the dolphins and women dancing together then seeing this new scene, the woman with her partner together on a big chair, I felt the women on the sea were with her or she with them, how does this all fit in?

Macleod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Fri May 03, 2013 10:35 am

Hello, Macleod -

When I read your dream, I thought it was about a future event from your daily life. The action of watching out of a window also made me look at it this way.

I don't know if it's something you'd do, but I honestly thought that the dolphins/whale part was somehow literal - like going to a zoo...or more like Seaworld, which we have in the States (not sure if you've got something like that where you are!).

A bit less literal, but still a thought that I'd like to share, is that the animals are symbolic for people, but that the sea-theme is the same. The gliding on top of the water part actually made me think of either a ski-show or ice-skating. Perhaps this is an event you'll attend - or even watch on TV.

Again, just some thoughts.
Hope all is well with you.
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Macleod on Fri May 03, 2013 1:30 pm

Hi Mark, thanks so much for your thoughts, always such a pleasure hearing from you.

I live on an Scottish island, we don't have a Zoo or Seaworld and I don't have any plans to go to one on the mainland. We do however have dolphins in our waters here but I don't see them much unless out in the boat, however, sometimes if I'm lucky, when standing at my picture window in my living room, I have seen dolphins in the sea which is just in front of my house...hmmm?

I've not been to, or seen on T.V, any ice-skating shows. I didn't actually see ice skates, I just thought they were skating as they seemed to be gliding over the water (both dolphin and women). I wonder if the dolphin and women are together because they both symbolize the same thing - perhaps the woman's ministry that has just started up in our church? Our pastor was called up this past Tue night (the first night of the ministry) to come talk as our guest speaker. There were so many women and new faces that many of us didn't recognize?

I do believe the dolphins are symbolic for people (animals usually are symbolic for people in my dreams). The fact that it was a pod made me think of a family - a big family so I thought church family, especially as I called my pastor to come look. I loved the fact that they were swimming and diving (I was thinking spiritually diving deeper into the things of God???).

The fact that I'm looking out a window, it was a huge picture window, these type dreams are usually revelatory.

e.g Our church was preparing to go bless a community where there is very little light and a whole lot of struggles. I had a dream the day before that I was standing in an office, my pastor was there, we were looking out a small window over a park. In my dream my pastor asked me about my dream the previous night, I said I couldn't remember, he said water was coming to flood this park, I asked if it was coming in a wave, he said no, through a pipe from the war memorial. Our church name is Martins Memorial, the water was the Holy Spirit and the pipe was the vessel (the church) and this was what happened.

Another dream, I was standing in front of a big picture window overlooking the sea. I asked "show me something" and I saw fish starting to fly above the water, just a few at first and then I saw more fish coming out the water, flying over the surface of the water. I then looked below and saw a school of tartan fish, swimming in force, there was powerful feel to the way they were swimming as they were heading for the surface just about to come flying out the water. I had just been to a week long conference on the mainland of Scotland so I'm not sure if this was referring to the spiritual status of the Christians at the conference or to Scotland in general as we are praying for chains to be broken over Scotland and for the Kingdom of God to come touch this nation.

There are more but I think you get the idea and this dream has that same feel to it, that the Lord is showing me something. I know I'll eventually get it but I'm wondering if I should tell my pastor about it? I don't want to if it's about me, although he's always able to immediately interpret my dreams, therefore it's always very tempting to go to him, but if it's about me I don't want to bother him because he has such a weight on his shoulders as it is.

What do you think, am I trying to hard to look at what it could be? Is that dangerous? Could I end up convincing myself it's one thing when it could be something else entirely?

Macleod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Fri May 03, 2013 9:21 pm

Macleod wrote: I wonder if the dolphin and women are together because they both symbolize the same thing - perhaps the woman's ministry that has just started up in our church? Our pastor was called up this past Tue night (the first night of the ministry) to come talk as our guest speaker. There were so many women and new faces that many of us didn't recognize?

I get so used to my dreams being so..."unspiritual"...since they're almost always about my daily life and like 90% literal, and I forget that others dream more symbolically. That is my fault for looking at your dream with that kind of slant. And, honestly, I should have kept that in mind with your dream!

Considering what you said about the women's ministry and all the new faces...I can totally see how that fits the dolphins in your dream. That's probably what it's about.

Interesting symbol of the schoolboys kneeling in the water to watch what was going on. Who do you suppose the spectators are in real life?

Next, there's the dolphin that resembles an orca. This would have to be someone who stands out to you from this group. Unless someone already does, I was thinking that this and the following parts are for a later time.

The last two paragraphs are about two different women, correct? I would think that they would be future speakers who cause you to have the same observations that you did in the dream. Perahps the first will seem a little too revealing, or maybe the clothing will be literal.

Same thing for the woman that you said "I felt that she had a good reputation." So much of that seems literal to me. What do you think?

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Macleod on Sat May 04, 2013 3:44 am

Mark, I can't tell you how much I appreciate your feedback!!

You brought my attention back to the young school boys, could they be our men's ministry which is still quite young? In the dream, I got the feeling it was a beautiful thing happening which is why the children came to look...could the men be watching, witnessing what is happening? The sense that the women and dolphin were dancing together - could that be worship/prayer?

For the past 4 years, our ladies have been coming together for fellowship & bible study, we were flourishing then suddenly, at the end of last year, numbers dwindled. We came back together this past Tuesday as a womens ministry and were pleasantly surprised by the number of women. It was the usual women who absolutely love our Lord and love coming together and then the new faces. In the dream there were the dolphins who were at home, swimming around and diving deep and then there was the group of women. In the changed scene there was the woman resting against the man but there were two images of her, one of her in the natural without make-up and then of her with makeup - both images were beautiful.

Okay, there's something niggling me so I'm going to tell you although I'm a little embarrassed because now it may really seem as though I'm clutching at straws.....yesterday while here on this site, my attention was drawn to a notification on my facebook page - it was a song by Hillsongs called "Oceans where feet may fail". I absolutely adore this song and love to worship to it, actually, I sing it as a prayer. So yesterday I clicked on it to listen to it again, I've never seen the video so when I did, I was pleasantly surprised, I immediately started to think of this dream. The video is of the moving ocean and it starts in green and blue tones and then red is added in as well, although there was no red in my dream. But the lyrics could so easily fit this dream...."you call me out upon the waters, the great unknown where feet may fail.......spirit lead me where my trust is without boards, let me walk upon the waters where ever you would call me, take me deeper than my feet could ever wander and my faith will be made stronger in the presence of my saviour"............."my soul will rest in your embrace, I am yours and you are mine". Started thinking of this song as the women's ministry.

Am I clutching? I know I could be totally off track but I have, in the past, had dreams which were revealed through the lyrics of a song.

Macleod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sat May 04, 2013 5:27 am

I don't think your're clutching at all! I think this dream fits what you said about lining up with the song. The imagery of the dream fits the song so well, and it also fits the women's ministry.

Also, I was going to suggest that the young boys could be a men's ministry observing what's going on in the women's ministry - and then you said that the men's ministry is still rather young. Interesting!

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by encourager on Sat May 04, 2013 6:43 am

I believe that God is showing you that there is a perception and a reality. Even in the perception, there is beauty. There will always be people that tend to try to pick at every detail & try to say whether something is possible or impossible. Don't worry about them, know that God will have people that believe in you & with you to walk w/ u in your journey & God will propel it. I don't know what your calling, your purpose is, but God is a revealer. He has great things for you to do for His kingdom. Know that even if things seem to be going the wrong the way, God allows it for a purpose & it will all work together for your good. Society may say that is impossible, that it's ludacris or beyond your reach, but w/ God, all things are possible!

2nd point: know that you are beautiful & wonderfully created. We are most beautiful when we are naked (uncovered). It shows the true nature of who we are. Confidence & self esteem can not be built up by other people, that is why it is called SELF esteem. Walk in the truth that God has given you & not in the created truth that society has developed. I have some advise for u. Don't wear any make up for a week. Every morning you wake up & before you go to bed, look in the mirror & say "I am wonderfully & perfectly created. God made no mistakes when He constructed me. Every contour of my being was formed with purpose.Every person that is meant to recognize the beauty in me will & those that don't, aren't meant to be in the circle God has & is creating for me. Father God, help me to renew my mind & give me eyes to see things the way You see them. In Jesus's name, Amen!"

I love you my sister. I hope you are blessed beyond measure & you get everything God has for you. Go beyond what your eyes can see, my sister. Be blessed!

encourager

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Macleod on Sat May 04, 2013 10:35 am

Thank you encourager, that was absolutely lovely! At our womens meeting, that was the message our pastor brought for the women, he felt that was on Gods heart and when he told the women they were beautiful, he looked up and down every row of women and said it over and over agin "you are beautiful" from where I was sitting, I could see the tears in his eyes. We are so blessed to have him.

Thank you Mark, absolutely relieved at your reply because.....I sent my dream to my pastor!! Eeek! :) I didn't tell him about song (yet), first want to check if I'm looking at this correctly. Will let you know the outcome.

God Bless you!

Macleod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 4:52 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top