A sliding lock, smoking it!?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A sliding lock, smoking it!?

Post by Daisy on Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:27 pm

I had a dream that my husband was smoking one of those locks that you slide. The kind that doesn't have a key, and can only be used from the inside to keep others out. This was the older styled kind, that you slide over, then latch it down to hold in place. NOT the chain kind though. It was lit like a cigarette on the end, and I can't remember exactly but I might have had one too. All addictive habits such as drinking, smoking etc have been broken out of our lives by Christ long ago. What could smoking a lock possibly symbolize? Any thoughts?

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A sliding lock, smoking it!?

Post by dreamster on Mon May 06, 2013 12:35 am

perhaps its more a metaphor,, like a smoking gun,,

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Mon May 06, 2013 6:27 am

This is just a thought Daisy, but is your husband inhaling something in his life that is causing him to be locked up internally? I found the type of lock very interesting because it's just a slip lock that doesn't have a key, but is controlled by the person inside of the house. Could it be that your husband has something that he has ingested internally and he has the power to unlock from the inside out? The fact that it isn't a real lock could mean that he is already free through Christ from it, but what happens is we put our own "locks" on and put our own selves in bondage when we don't have to.

Toss if it doesn't minister...

Do not fight FOR victory, but fight FROM THE PLACE of victory. Jesus has ALREADY won the battle!

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Mon May 06, 2013 4:32 pm

Thanks D! Thanks Cholette!

@ Cholette, Im trying to figure this one out still. Could you help me by giving me some examples of what you mean by ingesting something that could cause bondage? Nothing is jumping out to me quite yet. I would love to hear your thoughts.....

Thanks, Daisy :hooray:

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Sat May 18, 2013 5:05 am

Cholette wrote:This is just a thought Daisy, but is your husband inhaling something in his life that is causing him to be locked up internally? I found the type of lock very interesting because it's just a slip lock that doesn't have a key, but is controlled by the person inside of the house. Could it be that your husband has something that he has ingested internally and he has the power to unlock from the inside out? The fact that it isn't a real lock could mean that he is already free through Christ from it, but what happens is we put our own "locks" on and put our own selves in bondage when we don't have to.

Toss if it doesn't minister...

I got the revelation on this one Cholette!!! Thank you so much for your input!!! Will update when I have the liberty to freely share. Lets just put it this way, what he was ingesting would have been harmful to both of us. He is no longer entertaining this idea that was offered to him!! thank you

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 2:21 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top