Scent-Tracking Dogs

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Scent-Tracking Dogs

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:30 am

In this dream, I was walking along a path that runs near a chemical plant in my town that I've had thoughts off and on of wanting to work at. The city bike path runs along it and then out toward my parents' place. Well, I was walking along this path, and the feeling that I got was that of a connection to that chemical place. Now, in front of me were probably 4 or 5 dogs on either side of the path. They had a Husky look to them, but I don't think that's what they were. They were all the same, though. These dogs were sniffing, trying to find someone. Honestly, I think they were sniffing for me. There was snow all over the ground, at least a few inches - it was a significant amount that covered the path, and it may have been snowing during the dream. As I approached the dogs, I expected them to notice me and recognize my scent. However, they continued to scratch at the ground and search for whatever scent they had been given to find. I passed through them without them noticing me.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Scent-Tracking Dogs

Post by Deborah on Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:17 pm

I am probably WAY off here, but reading your post I thought of an old poem about the hounds of heaven--it's about how God's grace follows us all our lives. You said you thought the dogs were sniffing you down, but when you got close to them, their attention seemed to be on something else and you passed through them without them noticing you. Perhaps the hounds of heaven do not have to chase you down because God's grace is already inside you. The snow on the path seems to me to represent spiritual cleansing--God takes our sins and makes them white as snow. The path you're on could represent your walk in the past (since it leads to your parents' place) and also your walk in the future (the chemical plant could represent a place of future employment, or simply your hopes and dreams) where's God's grace has kept you and will continue to cover you. Years ago when I was studying Psalm 23, I looked at the verse "Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life..." follow is kind of a weak word. Follow is the same word used for Saul chasing David through the wilderness. It has the idea of chasing us down and wrestling us to the ground just as scent-tracking dogs would do. God's goodness and mercy is chasing you down, Mark!

Deborah
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:30 pm

I receive this! Great word, Deborah! :D

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down