Asleep In Church

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Asleep In Church

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:21 am

*Just to let you know, I'm not presently attending any church.

Last night I dreamed that I was at my old church. I was in the sanctuary, front row, last chair on the left. The room wasn't as dim as I remember it being - it had a warmer feel to it. Warm as in cozy or comforting, possibly - not temperature.

Anyway, my ex was sitting next to me on my right. Her mother, the Pastor's wife, was a row or two behind us. The Pastor was in the same area, nearby, but I'm not sure that I saw him - I knew he was there, though. The room was full, but these were the only people that stood out to me. I was dressed up, like in a dress shirt, dress pants and a suit jacket. The outfit was pretty nice, and the pieces weren't all the same color - but they went well together, like shades of brown. When I said that the room was "warm," it was also a tan color. I honestly don't even remember what color the interior was in real life. I'm pointing out the color because Brown is standing out to me in quite a few of my most recent dreams.

So, I was sitting there in the middle of worship. There was music and people were singing. Now that I'm awake, I realize that there wasn't a worship team or anything - no one was upfront. In fact, no one was in front of me while this was going on. I sat there, and I closed my eyes. I felt very tired during all this, and I was struggling to not fall asleep. I was afraid of what the others would think if they found me sleeping. I was really trying not to, but I know that I fell asleep, even if for a few seconds. This happened a couple times. I wished that the service would move on to the speaking portion so that I'd be more focused. At the end of the dream, I believe the Pastor was getting ready to speak.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Asleep In Church

Post by Mia Sherwood on Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:32 pm

Do you think the sleeping portion could be literal? It doesn't seem too symbolic.

Mia

I'm a lousy example of a Christian but a PERFECT example of God's Grace.

http://www.heartsongministry.com

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

View user profile http://www.miasherwood.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:56 pm

If it's literal, it won't happen at a church or church-related event. Not any time soon, anyway.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shan on Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:41 pm

Do you think your falling asleep has anything to do with you not being in a church body? I'm not AT ALL suggesting that your walk is suffering because of this because I've been in that place too, where I didn't have a church I was attending. It was usually because God was redirecting me and I couldn't find a church that fit at that time. I'm just saying that maybe there isn't anything in particular in church that would keep you spiritually motivated. I guess I'm suggesting the sleeping might be spiritual in nature when it comes to church life.
I've also heard that brown can mean humility. Just some thoughts...

Shan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:05 pm

I think you've pretty much got the idea, Shan. I am aware that I'm sleepy right now, spiritually speaking. It's not the greatest place to be...

In the dream, it wasn't like I didn't WANT to stay awake...I just couldn't. Maybe I'm just tired and should get some rest? I honestly have not had the time to recharge, lately.

At the end of the dream, the pastor was getting ready to speak. This would have been what I looked forward to in real life and always held my attention. So, maybe I'm about to enter a more engaging period in my spiritual life.

Thanks for sharing and allowing me to think aloud in response!

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 1:43 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top