Remorseful pastor

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Remorseful pastor

Post by Daisy on Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:01 am

This pastor married my husband and I, and we used to be very close with him. He was our young adult pastor, directly over us. As his duties increased in the church, we became more and more distant with him irl.

In the dream: This pastor came to me and was extremely remorseful for us leaving the church (irl we did last Easter), he was remorseful for becoming distant with us as his duties increased in the church. He was so sad, he was in tears. He was remorseful that our doctrine didn't match up with his any longer (as my husband and I got more revelation of gods love and grace, we started to see more and more legalism in our old church before we left). He said to me that he would've been happy to read any books on grace for us, that he was open to new revelations (irl I strongly disagree, he wouldn't listen to ANY outside ministries besides from the head pastor of the church...which in my opinion is NOT healthy. Leaves the impression, that our old senior pastor is the only one who can hear from God which is so untrue!) He was so sad that we left the church, and was so remorseful for not reaching out to us more before we left. I reassured him that it was ok, and that it was our time to move on, it wasn't his fault. We used to be very close to this pastor. Out of all the pastors in our old church he was by far the most sensitive, but he also was the one who preached the most condemnation, and the most saved by works. In the dream he was condemning himself, and I was releasing him from his guilt. This revelation of grace vs condemnation was the final thing in this church that lead us to leave once and for all irl! Though, I miss and care deeply about all the people who are left at this church, I'm really glad we left. We were very involved, for ten years. It feels like ur leaving a family.

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Remorseful pastor

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:27 am

Hi, Daisy -

I was thinking that this dream may be about someone else who feels similar to this pastor and may need to receive that revelation of grace through you. Maybe it's someone you know, or even someone who comes to this website.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:24 pm

Thanks so much mark! I will keep my eyes/ears open!

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 2:28 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top